Enterprise Data Storage Solutions
Nyriad is fundamentally changing the foundation of storage.
We are a fast-growing software development company building a cutting edge solution to combine the power of both the CPU and GPU to tackle the world’s increasing need for data storage and processing.
- Visit website
- Data Collection
- Funding stage
- Series B
The Matchstiq Top 100
Matchstiq's take on Nyriad
Nyriad's mission is to solve the most challenging problems storage systems face today by designing an entirely new way to control and manage storage devices at scale.
The market opportunity ahead for Nyriad
We recently launched the UltraIO system. A block storage system that leverages the most advanced, highest-capacity hard drives. Organizations are now free to take advantage of the superior capacity, performance, durability, and power efficiency of these hard drives, without the long rebuild times and associated performance degradation that is common with today’s RAID-based storage systems.
The UltraIO system is ideal for data-intensive use cases such as high-performance computing, media and entertainment, and backup and archive.
With the UltraIO system, Nyriad has built a new foundation for storage that addresses current problems and creates new opportunities for the future without requiring organisations to make disruptive changes to their storage infrastructure.
We are excited to see where we take the UltraIO next and the problems it will solve for many!
Why Nyriad is a great place to work
At Nyriad, we’re solving the most challenging problems storage systems face today by designing an entirely new way to control and manage storage devices at scale.
Revolutionary advances in technology rarely happen when individuals work alone. It takes an entire team singularly focused on achieving the same vision. We encourage individuality and growth by creating a culture rich with a passion for ingenuity strengthened by diversity of thought and experiences and a shared desire to see our company and everyone in it succeed.
We are a diverse team spread across Hamilton and Auckland, N.Z and various states in the U.S. We are flexible in the way we work where varying degrees of remote/hybrid work is the norm.
Open communication is important to us where we utilise various digital platforms to stay connected across multiple time zones. Our N.Z team enjoy the ability to work from our Hamilton office and have regular team events and catch-ups.
Get your start
Working with us
Putting our customers first, always.
Fair, Honest, Transparent
Doing the right thing for our customers, partners, suppliers and teammates.
Committed and Steadfast
All “hands on deck”. No matter what our role, no matter who we are in the company, everyone steps up, mucks in and works together as a team to achieve our goal.
Finding new, better, more efficient ways to do everything we do.
Senior Systems Administrator
In this role you will provide technical leadership and mentoring to the IT team to develop, maintain and administer Nyriad’s computer systems, including data centre and end user. By participating and contributing to architectural discussions with our Engineering QA and development teams, you will provide architectural leadership, designing and documenting infrastructure solutions to support development and engineering requests.
- Plan Infrastructure solutions to enable the engineering objectives.
- Install, upgrade and maintain hardware and software to support Nyriad’s product development.
- Manage and Monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Set up and maintain access rights for staff.
- Provide support to engineering team.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and Infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with Engineers and developers to remediate.
- Maintain back ups and redundancy standards.
- Provide end user support to Nyriad Internal staff.
- Evaluate suitable (Fit for Purpose) Hardware.
- Monitor and manage Datacenter environmental conditions at Gillies DC.
- Create or update documentation of all systems.
- Test new systems, commission and install new applications.
- Provide a level of support and mentoring to the IT staff.
- Show commitment to company values.
- Ensure own health and safety and that of others by following all rules and procedures, reporting and managing all hazards in the work area and actively contributing to, and participating in, company health and safety initiatives.
What you'll need to be successful
Minimum 5 years experience as a system administrator supporting Wintel and Linux in data centre environments.
Proven experience with Linux and Windows.
Detailed knowledge of storage systems.
Effective written and oral communication skills.
Good understanding of multi-threaded environments and network principles.
The ability to display good problem-solving skills in a variety of situations – even under pressure.
Demonstrate past ability to make sound planning decisions when faced with project conflicts.
Must be able to work under project deadlines and associated cost and schedule constraints.
Degree or relevant experience in computer science or related subject.
Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux based systems.
Experience with virtualisation technologies.
Experience with system monitoring platforms and tools.
Experience with automation systems.
Good scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, perl, ruby, python).
Good networking knowledge.
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, apply now! We'd love to hear from you.
This position is based in the Hamilton, New Zealand. We have a flexible workplace where varying degrees of remote work is the norm.