Hiring: People Development Manager (Wellington)
The team at CoGo are looking for a People Development Manager to join their Technical and People Teams, leading our technical team members alongside their Chief Technology Officer, Andy Newport.
If this role sounds like a good fit for you or someone you know, join the team at Matchstiq and Andy for a live Q&A about what the role entails, some deeper context around CoGo as a business and anything else you might be curious about.
The live Q&A is open to anyone and will happen on Zoom, Thurs 23rd July @3pm. Registration below.
This is a newly created role that is designed to help CoGo develop and grow their technical team members, build a strong team culture and delivery pace.
The day to day responsibilities include:
- Work with the People Team and technical leaders to recruit and grow top talent, helping to create inclusive teams and building a diverse workforce.
- Work closely with the Technical and Product Leaders (Chief Technology Officer, Chief Product Officer, Product Managers and Engineers) to build a strong team, helping create a strong delivery
- Share your experience and knowledge to help the teams deliver great work efficiently and effectively together.
- Provide a coaching approach when it comes to providing career advice and development to your team.
You’ll understand how to use your coaching skills to create space for people to own their own solutions to problems and their own pathways to success.
- Provide HR oversight for your team members with support from the People Team. This may include performance management, remuneration reviews and escalation of HR issues.
- Work with the People Team to create and maintain great development and training processes across the business, making it easy for the team to understand career pathways and access support.
Getting to know Andy
Andy loves to have a laugh with people and his team where possible. He passionately believes in what CoGo is building the need for it to exist in the world.
He loves seeing candidates that have a trail of people they have helped mentor and grow in the past.
About the Speaker
Andy's a technologist who loves building teams and delivering simple tech solutions. He's been at it a while, helping teams to do great work across industries like energy, accounting, and health. Nowadays, as CTO at CoGo, he's focused on building their delivery team capacity and culture - hiring the right people, helping them understand the technical tradeoff spectrum that they are working on, and guiding technical decisions for maximum impact.