Senior Full Stack Engineer (remote in NZ)
Hi there! Thanks for stopping by
Are you an experienced Full Stack Engineer looking to make an exciting change: ditching the monolith and building new Golang & React microservices?
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our team in Newmarket. You are expected to perform at a high level and make strong contributions to the team in rapidly and efficiently building solutions to our retailers' problems, focussing on iteration, experimentation, and stability.
You need not be an expert in Golang or React but you must be willing to learn as you go, and you’ll have our full support on this journey.
Engineering @ Vend:
- We build new features on top of a modern stack, consisting of web apps (in a mix of Angular & React) communicating through GraphQL and REST APIs to Go services, backed by databases and Kafka topics, all deployed using Docker in a continuous delivery cycle to AWS
- You don’t need to have experience in any of our specific technologies: we’re great at teaching good engineers how to use our modern SaaS stack
- We don't follow rigid Scrum or Kanban, but we do work in an agile, iterative way, and try to continuously improve and implement what works for us
- We value letting our merchants experience what we're building as soon as possible - So we deploy a change to production on average every 7 minutes.
- Blameless culture and a continuous improvement mindset
What you’ll be doing:
- Build stuff: this means coding, delivering new features, code reviews, fixing bugs, peer programming and incident response;
- Own and be accountable for features and high-leverage coding projects;
- Structure projects into small, actionable tasks to deliver the most value in no time;
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers and designers to help plan the work ahead;
- Learn and teach: knowledge sharing, chapter reviews, demos, mentoring fellow engineers
- Work on common services, shared libraries, upgrade/introduce new tooling or libraries, documentation, evolve best practices and processes etc.
What you need to bring:
- Senior level of engineering experience including both successes and failures (“scars”), which help you make better decisions
- Deep knowledge in at least one of the following: Golang, Java, PHP, C#, C++, Ruby, Python, Elixir
- Understand concepts like authentication, web security, models and databases, and the way that frontends consume APIs
- Willingness to mentor and train other Engineers in the team
Why do you want to work at Vend by Lightspeed?
- Freedom to do your job and work truly flexibly
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday
- Build an amazing product and make real impact
- Work with a modern tech stack and learn new technologies
- Competitive salary
Plus, we have a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed Share scheme
- Flexible paid time off policy (unlimited leave)
- Flexible Working policy
- Secure, full-time carpark
- Discounted health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500
- Dog-friendly environment
- Free fresh fruits, snacks and drinks (and cake for your birthday!)
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Travel insurance for you and your family
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our Instagram.
Vend by Lightspeed is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces, values and champions diversity, equity and inclusion.
Who we are and what we do:
This year Vend joined forces with Lightspeed to become ‘Vend by Lightspeed’. We are a cloud-based commerce platform designed for busy retailers. We started our journey in New Zealand ten years ago and have grown from local startup to global success. By joining Lightspeed, we are able to make an even bigger impact, with greater resources, building new features faster and powering retailers everywhere.
At the heart of who we are is our people and customers. We power local retailers in over 100 countries and we have offices in Canada, USA, Europe and APAC. We dream big and we're looking for people who do the same.
Here in APAC you’ll have the ability to make a genuine impact, learn from the industry's best, and enjoy the perks of being part of a global growing tech company!