Quality Assurance Engineer
We are looking for an awesome person who will work alongside our Product & Engineering team yet still take the initiative, utilising creativity and flexibility to add a huge amount of value in a very dynamic environment. You’ll be able to roll your sleeves up on day one and get stuck in building a better product.
The QA team take responsibility for ensuring the quality of the product, testing across all Tradify platforms, web and mobile for both live and in development stages. They will also create, document, implement and maintain test scripts for complex functionality in the Tradify websites and applications. This includes creating and maintaining automated testing rigs as well as manual testing. The QA team will also be contributing to defining, analysing and planning of business & system requirements for both new and existing product features. As a senior member of the team, you will also be responsible for owning and driving initiatives to help us improve our development processes as well as mentoring less experienced team members.
You should be self-motivated, team oriented and should have excellent communication skills. Above all you should be passionate about the value that QA brings to a high-growth technology business like Tradify.
Key Performance Indicators
- Reliable error-free, high-performance releases.
- Ensuring that testing results in efficient delivery of work packages on time and to specification.
- A strong, robust and super-fast platform that scales to meet the demands of users around the world.
- Ownership of expanding aspects of automated test coverage, precise test cases and QA artifacts.
- Ownership in defining, analysing and breaking down aspects of business & system requirements.
The QA Engineer will be responsible for automated testing and manual testing, tracking changes and quality issues across. They will work closely with the QA Manager, CTO, Product Team and Engineers to build a collaborative feedback loop for engineering activity.
- Test sites and applications for functional, cross-browser, performance and usability defects.
- Communicate and document user experience interactions and use cases in test plans.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify/analyse/define both business & system requirements
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using Specflow, Selenium, Webdriver and any appropriate tools.
- Provide time estimates to assist in project scheduling to account for QA in project executions.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet business needs
- Communicate throughout project execution with developers and other QAs using video conferencing, instant messaging, and other collaboration tools.
- Monitor debugging process results
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Take complete ownership of QA processes and tooling.
- Provide second tier analysis to assist support team reproduce and diagnose production issues.
Skills and expertise
- Proven technology experience, in development or QA of web-based systems and sites.
- Experience with tracking and task management tools, such as FogBugz, Jira, Bugzilla, Trac and test case tools such as Hiptest, Testrail or Zephyr.
- Strong understanding of web technology and components, including HTTP, and web services
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with both creative and technical partners
- Proven work experience in software development with C#.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience working with Xamarin UI Test Framework or other mobile UI automation framework is a plus.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Experience in test automation tools like Specflow, Selenium, Charles, Fiddler, Postman and Web Driver.
- Experience in CI/CD tools and processes.
- Experience in analysing user stories and define acceptance criteria.
We offer a dynamic high growth environment where people can learn and thrive. If you want a fast paced, action oriented and sometimes unpredictable and challenging work environment, you’ll fit right in.
For the right candidate, we offer a great benefits package, including competitive remuneration, Employee Share Options (ESOP), Down Tools Days (6 days a year to follow your passion), Volunteer Leave (to pay it forward in our community), Birthday leave (a paid day off so you can celebrate) and a values based culture.
Interested? Want to know more? Get in touch