Helping Kiwis grow their money
We exist to give Kiwis the few kernels they need to transform their financial future.
Through their digital platform, world-class investment funds and quality financial resources, Kiwis now have an effective way to grow their savings over the long-term.
- Visit website
- Funding stage
- Series A
The Matchstiq Top 50
Matchstiq's take on Kernel
Kernel's mission is to create a world where all Kiwis are wealthier, more financially literate, and good savings and investing behaviour is embedded for future generations.
The Market Opportunity Ahead for Kernel
Each year $1b of potential wealth creation is lost by Kiwis leaving their savings in cash and term deposits. Investing is perceived as either too risky, too time consuming or too expensive for most. Kernel provides a low-cost, diversified alternative, for those wanting to accelerate their savings.
Kernel offers a range of index investment funds designed to help grow their customers savings and have just released new investment platform, that allow them to execute that directly.
Diversity and Inclusion at Kernel
One of Kernel's core values is to think differently and they actively empower employees to express their individuality. They are proud to be members of the rainbow community during Pride Week and every other day of the year.
Working with us
Say It Like It Is
We will always engage with our investors in a language they understand – never diluted and never in the small print.
Not all investors or our team are alike and we will empower them to express their individuality.
We encourage open and free sharing of opinions, so that everyone feels as though they can collaborate and contribute.
Never Stop Innovating
An insatiable desire to understand the inner workings of things fosters an environment of continual thinking and problem solving.
At Kernel, we give people the few kernels they need to transform their financial future.
Our mission is to create a world where all Kiwis are wealthier, more financially literate and good savings and investing behaviours are embedded for future generations.
We combine world-class index investment funds with digital technology. Through our wealth management platform, investors can now take control and build the future they want.
Kernel is designed for all Kiwis – whether you’re new to investing or a seasoned professional. We empower ambitious individuals to do grow their savings and their future.
We're looking for a motivated, creative individual who is eager to dive into the world of marketing, specifically social media and content.
Your average week will include:
- Engaging with the Kernel community across all social media platforms - Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn, with a predominant focus on Instagram
- Copywriting for social media posts
- Implementing strategies for social media growth and engagement
- Keeping up with social media trends and producing ideas for social media content (especially with video and reels!)
- Working alongside the Marketing Manager to produce creative, trendy and educational social media content
- Supporting the Kernel team on in house or locational shoots if needed
- A desire to work in social media and/or marketing
- Experience using Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn
- A can-do attitude and willingness to get stuck in and help out where needed
- A creative flair and desire to learn about growth marketing
- Confidence in copywriting and grammatical proficiency
Bonus if you have skills in:
- Content creation and photography
- Using Later and Canva
For the right candidate, there may be opportunity for this role to turn into a permanent position.
We are a progressive financial services firm who is willing to challenge the status quo. We prioritise long-term thinking and values over short-term incentives.
A high performing team, you'll have the opportunity to gain invaluable experience in a growing startup. We offer a range of family friendly employment policies, flexible working, wellbeing initiatives, an awesome office spot in Auckland CBD with all the social vibes!