Video Creative Made Easy
Shuttlerock's creative technology drives mobile ad performance by scaling creative production and delivery.
The company's proprietary system eliminates the complex and time consuming process of producing video by turning existing brand assets into stunning mobile video ads for digital channels - at scale.
Benefits include: fast turnarounds, premium quality, unbeatable price and world class service across Shuttlerock's global footprint.
- Visit website
- Funding stage
- Series B
The Matchstiq Top 50
Matchstiq's take on Shuttlerock
Shuttlerock's mission is to help advertisers overcome the challenges of creative production.
The Market Opportunity Ahead for Shuttlerock
Shuttlerock, a cloud-based creative, production and delivery solution, enables marketers to scale their existing brand assets (stills, product shots, TVCs) into digital content (video, 3D, AR) for every channel at a fraction of the speed and cost of traditional approaches.
Empowering advertisers’ with handcrafted creative that is compelling, compliant and delivered with certainty, Shuttlerock is changing the economics of digital creative, unlocking the potential of brands to engage and connect with audiences like never before, and revolutionizing how digital content is created.
Founded in 2011, Shuttlerock provides guidance on effective digital marketing all over the world in over 30 languages and is one of Facebook and Instagram marketing partners.
Diversity and Inclusion at Shuttlerock
With a team spread across 4 continents, Shuttlerock are proud of the diverse and collaborative nature of how they operate. They are striving to both maintain and expand upon this culture—helping to ensure that we are offering a workplace that provides opportunities to anyone, regardless of gender, race, religion, or geographic location.
Data Engineer (Remote)
Shuttlerock, the world’s leading CaaS-platform for the creation of ad creative, is looking for a Data Engineer to help our data team to develop our internal data pipeline and analytics systems. This position provides specialist knowledge and high level technical support for business intelligence projects. You will be able to work in a cloud native environment with the latest technologies.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a broad knowledge of modern data engineering techniques, with a focus on simplicity and robustness. We are looking for a team player keen to work in an international and remote-first environment of wonderful people. You can work from anywhere in New Zealand, Australia or Japan or optionally at our wonderful Wellington or Nelson HQ offices in New Zealand.
- Develop, construct and test an end-to-end data pipeline aligned with our analytics needs, with an emphasis on simplicity.
- Combine raw information from different sources to create consistent and machine-readable formats.
- Work with technical and business stakeholders to develop an appropriate data schema.
- Develop an appropriate strategy for the storage of raw data.
Two years experience designing data pipelines and business intelligence systems.
- Excellent skills in relational database (RDBMS) administration.
- A solid working knowledge and understanding of data modelling and data warehousing principles.
- A solid working knowledge of modern ETL techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of offerings from the major cloud vendors (AWS, Google and Azure).
- Experience working with stakeholders to design and develop data schemas.
- Experience with batch and realtime data processing.
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Terraform.
- Proven ability to liaise with both technical employees and business users.
- Experience integrating 3rd-party platforms such as Salesforce and HubSpot.
- Pragmatic and platform-agnostic.
- Interest in working with experts in Machine Learning and advanced data analysis down the track.
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Snowflake
QA Lead - Nelson
Shuttlerock is the pre-eminent provider of beautiful ad creative worldwide and is now on a mission to create the best video ad ordering and delivery platform in the world. We’re looking for a QA Lead to join our team in Nelson who will play a key role in this growth by defining and leading the advancement of our QA practice.
We believe that quality starts at the very beginning of any process so as part of this role you will be highly integrated with our cross functional development teams and the wider business to ensure that everything we do starts with a quality first approach. At the end of the day it is about ensuring our customers have the greatest possible experience and that this is achieved in the most efficient way possible.
Your Success As a QA Lead Will Come From
- Helping to guide the quality practices for Shuttlerock product teams, identifying and resolving challenges to ensure processes and tools are optimised for their context and product teams have the required knowledge and skills. Contribute to and champion Shuttlerock’s quality strategy and standards.
- Driving quality into the heart of the development process from early requirements definition through to delivery - a “shift-left” mentality.
- Recognise and solve for common patterns of failure in team’s delivery practices, preventing future issues by improving skills, processes or tooling. Measure the cost or value of issues, and often lead incident responses and post-mortems.
- Being someone that has a genuine interest in continuous improvement, always helping to improve the issue identification and resolution process.
- Designing and executing test plans for new features and functionality
- Distilling and communicating user issues and feedback back to the development and product team.
- Collaborating, growing, and forming strong relationships with those around you including designers, software developers, product managers and other QAs.
- Reviewing, maintaining, and expanding on our existing automated tests.
You will be joining a global design & technology company of wonderful, talented and ambitious people that is experiencing rapid growth and is backed by a fantastic team of local and global investors.
Skills And Experience Required
- A proven ability to communicate and coach a quality mindset, and associated product quality skills.
- Experience creating test plans, conducting usability tests, and writing test scripts.
- A bias toward making quality visible and observable through monitoring approaches and well defined measurements. Familiarity with utilising the Accelerate metrics as indicators for improving delivery efficiency and quality.
- The ability to clearly communicate and advocate for practices consistent with the quality engineering strategy and standards.
- Excellent communication skills and a history of working as part of a collaborative software development process.
- A natural curiosity and proven ability to learn about multiple areas of a business - engineering, sales, marketing, finance, design and more.
- Practical expertise and leadership in test automation is desirable
As part of the Nelson Shuttlerock team you will have the chance to work in the most beautiful and friendly part of the world while still working with the big global names in innovation such as Facebook, Instagram, Google, and Youtube - just to name a few.
With offices around the globe including New York, Berlin, Singapore, and Tokyo, Shuttlerock recognises the value that a diverse and inclusive workplace brings and the innovation it breeds. We actively seek people from diverse backgrounds, life experiences, education and cultures so please be prepared to share how your unique perspective will help our product teams and Shuttlerock grow.
Senior UX Designer - Nelson
Your success as a UX & UI Designer will come from:
- Learning what our customers care about through quantitative and qualitative means and ensuring that their needs are met through intuitive and beautiful design.
- Being able to rapidly prototype while seeking feedback from global stakeholders and customers.
- Collaborating, growing, and forming strong relationships with those around you including designers, software developers, and product managers.
- An ability to champion user experience design and experimentation balanced with a pragmatism required for delivery within tight timeframes.
Skills And Experience Required
- Proven experience as a UX designer ideally working with the latest and greatest UI patterns and frontend technologies.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a track record of creating user-focused and intuitive designs.
- An expert in rapid prototyping, ideally using a range of tools and formats (ideally including comfort in Figma).
- Confidence in using remote testing and user surveying and analytical tools.
- An open personality and fantastic communication skills.
With offices around the globe including New York, Berlin, Singapore, and Tokyo, Shuttlerock recognises the value that a diverse and inclusive workplace brings and welcomes people from every background. The core of our business has always been our people and as we scale our operations across the globe, our number one priority is to maintain the incredibly special culture.
Senior Fullstack Engineer (Remote)
Shuttlerock is seeking a creative and forward-thinking Senior Frontend or Fullstack Engineer. You will be joining a global company of wonderful, talented and ambitious people. Our HQ is based in Nelson on the stunning South Island of New Zealand, but we are a flexible bunch and open to you working remotely within +/- 5h of the New Zealand timezone (roughly between Japan and the west coast of the United States). You will be joining a growing interdisciplinary squad in a positive and agile organisation that is experiencing rapid growth.
We are looking for creative individuals that thrive in a constantly changing, uncertain environment. If you are a self-starter that needs limited oversight, a keen drive to mentor and share with other developers, designers and functions - you would be our perfect fit.
Ideal candidates will have experience working with SaaS solutions and the latest and greatest frontend technologies, but also understand how the browser works and have a tendency for elegance and simplicity. Ideally you also have a keen interest or eye for screen and motion design.
You will have the chance to work in the most beautiful and friendly part of the world while working with the big names in innovation and technology as Shuttlerock is officially partnered with Facebook, Instagram, Google, Youtube, TikTok, Pinterest and Hulu - just to name a few.
What You’ll Do
- Use state-of-the-art technology such as Apollo GraphQL daily.
- Work with an agile cross-functional team to deliver high quality software and features of any size at pace and at scale.
- Collaborate with Designers and other Software Developers of all experience levels on a daily basis.
- Work with your peers and technology management on improving and shepherding the Shuttlerock technology-base.
- Collaborate with the team to make sure the Developer Experience (DX) is second to none.
- Mentor junior developers on their journey and be a buddy for new hires.
- Write technical documentation and do lightning talks on new technologies.
- Help to maintain a positive, collaborative and friendly, yet honest and productive working environment and attitude.
- Keep an open and healthy mind.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of software development experience, or 5 years with an advanced degree.
- Experience in large-scale or high quality web application development using state of the art technologies such as Apollo GraphQL.
- Ability to communicate and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Master’s degree or further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
- A keen eye and an appreciation and interest for art & design.
- Experience with Ruby or an interest and ability to learn other coding languages and technology as needed.
- Work and life in Nelson, the sunniest region of New Zealand with amazing outdoor offerings and a vibrant technology scene
- Flexible working hours
- Fantastic company culture and work-life balance
- Work in the future Silicon Valley of New Zealand
- More perks to be announced!