Cogo’s goal is to help consumers align the money they spend with their environmental and social values. We believe this provides consumers with a voice by allowing them to vote with their wallet, and helping businesses that are taking positive environmental and ethical actions to maximise the ROI of these initiatives.
Over the last 12 months we have developed and launched a world changing carbon footprint calculator, allowing our users to see the carbon impact of their purchase in real-time, by plugging into their banking transaction data via the UK’s Open Banking Standards. This has been launched in Beta in the UK, and New Zealand.
Data and Insights are crucial to everything we do at Cogo, from supporting our growth, the success of our products as well as ensuring the positive impact we have as an organisation. This role will support the Head of Insights and Behavioural Science in delivering Cogo’s insight reporting, including our core KPIs, ad-hoc internal analysis, external reports, product analytics for the UX / research team, and impact measurement. If you are passionate about climate action and analytics, we want to hear from you.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Data and Insights are crucial to everything we do at Cogo, from supporting our growth, the success of our products as well as ensuring the positive impact we have as an organisation. Initially, this role will support the Head of Insights in delivering Cogo’s insight reporting, including our core KPIs, ad-hoc internal analysis, external reports, product analytics for the UX / research team, and impact measurement. As Cogo is growing, there is room to grow in this role as well, with a potential to take on strategic responsibility for analytics in Cogo in the future. If you are passionate about climate action and analytics, we want to hear from you.
- Driving our internal analytics culture to encourage data-driven decision making across the organisation. This includes building great relationships with core Management, Market, Product, and Engineering team members, to understand what insight they require and to facilitate adoption.
- Developing ad-hoc reports for internal teams.
- Building/maintaining our internal Metabase reports (including supporting users and encouraging adoption).
- Designing/building/maintaining the insight reports that form part of our commercial partnerships (i.e. delivering insight products for banks)
- Developing our product analytics (Amplitude), including:
- analysing product analytics via Amplitude,
- working with the dev team to improve data quality and coverage of existing features and capturing events for new features,
- working with the Product Managers and Designers to ensure insights inform the development and design of our products,
- working with the interventions team to ensure an efficient and fast feedback cycle.
- Performing deep dive, proactive, ad-hoc analysis as needed in support of Cogo’s goals.
- Supporting development of Cogo’s impact measurement strategy and reporting.
- Feeding requirements back to the data engineering team (data lake / data warehouse / data quality).
- Deep understanding of how organisations can use data to drive decision making
- Some demonstrated data analysis work experience
- Understand how to best engage stakeholders to encourage adoption of reports and act on insights
- Ability to comprehend, query and analyse relational data
- Data visualisation
- SQL (for the majority of our internal and external reporting)
- Hopefully needless to say, but comfortable using Google Sheets & Excel
- Familiarity with:
- Python or R (for more advanced analytics and some reporting)
- Amplitude (for product analytics), or other event tracking experience
- Hubspot (or similar Sales CRM Management tool)
- OneSignal (for event analytics)
- Excited to work in a company making a positive change in the world, and passionately engaged in Cogo’s development.
- Thrive when working as part of a cross-functional team, leading and learning as necessary.
- Flexible and comfortable with a level of ambiguity and change that can arise within a rapidly growing organisation.
- Enjoys building relationships with external stakeholders to the level that lines between ‘us and them’ cease to exist.
- Loves learning and seeks to suggest and carry out improvements to the technologies and processes used as we grow.
- Are able to work some hours outside of 9am-5pm, for 1-2 weekly meetings with our global team and partners
Cogo is committed to providing a flexible working environment, including arrangements to fit around childcare and family life such as flexible working hours and remote working.
Cogo is an active member of the Tech Talent Charter, and is committed to helping deliver diversity in the technology sector.
We are proud to encourage a friendly, open and transparent culture at Cogo and we make sure our amazing team is supported at all times. Here are some of our ever growing list of benefits:
- 5 weeks’ leave plus public holidays
- Unlimited sick leave
- An extra day off on your birthday
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity or cause
- An extra day off if you use sustainable options to travel home and avoid flying
- Flexible working environment to suit your personal commitments
- Annual Development and wellbeing fund for each employee
The salary range for this role is $75,000 - $95,000 for NZ based or £35,000 - £45,000 for UK based candidates. Cogo operates full pay transparency across the company and is committed to equal pay opportunities.
OUR APPLICATION PROCESS
PLEASE NOTE: For NZ applicants: to apply you must be currently entitled to work in New Zealand. Those who are eligible to work in NZ are NZ or Australian citizens, or have either a NZ residence visa or a NZ work visa.
Please apply through BambooHR by COB Saturday 4th December with a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to join the team at Cogo.
- We’ll aim to reply to your application within 7 days from the closing date of this role.
- We may then schedule a short call to clarify anything in your application, and make sure that our expectations are in line on both sides.
- We’ll then schedule a 1 hour situational and behavioural based interview with you.
- If that all goes well, we’ll schedule some time to get into more of the technical aspects of the role.
We can't wait to receive your application and hear why you're excited to come change the world with us!