At Kernel, we give people the few kernels they need to transform their financial future.
Our mission is to create a world where all Kiwis are wealthier, more financially literate and good savings and investing behaviours are embedded for future generations.
We combine world-class index investment funds with digital technology. Through our wealth management platform, investors can now take control and build the future they want.
Kernel is designed for all Kiwis – whether you’re new to investing or a seasoned professional. We empower ambitious individuals to do grow their savings and their future.
We're looking for a motivated, creative individual who is eager to dive into the world of marketing, specifically social media and content.
Your average week will include:
- Engaging with the Kernel community across all social media platforms - Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn, with a predominant focus on Instagram
- Copywriting for social media posts
- Implementing strategies for social media growth and engagement
- Keeping up with social media trends and producing ideas for social media content (especially with video and reels!)
- Working alongside the Marketing Manager to produce creative, trendy and educational social media content
- Supporting the Kernel team on in house or locational shoots if needed
- A desire to work in social media and/or marketing
- Experience using Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn
- A can-do attitude and willingness to get stuck in and help out where needed
- A creative flair and desire to learn about growth marketing
- Confidence in copywriting and grammatical proficiency
Bonus if you have skills in:
- Content creation and photography
- Using Later and Canva
For the right candidate, there may be opportunity for this role to turn into a permanent position.
We are a progressive financial services firm who is willing to challenge the status quo. We prioritise long-term thinking and values over short-term incentives.
A high performing team, you'll have the opportunity to gain invaluable experience in a growing startup. We offer a range of family friendly employment policies, flexible working, wellbeing initiatives, an awesome office spot in Auckland CBD with all the social vibes!