Senior Business Analyst
Serko is an award-winning business travel and expense software company that’s winning on a global scale. We’re already the established leader in Australasia and revolutionizing the way people do business travel in the USA and Europe – and we’re growing!
While the world of business travel is changing, we’re preparing companies for this with intelligent technology that helps them ensure the continued safety and wellbeing of their travelers – allowing for complex approvals where needed, giving real-time information about precautions taken by transport and accommodation suppliers, tracking and restricting travel around the globe, increasing the flexibility of bookings, giving true visibility and control over costs – and we’re not stopping there. We’re backed by the likes of Booking.com and there is an exciting road ahead of us at a time where travel needs real, impactful change.
We’re hiring people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to help us build a world-class team and product.
We're looking for multiple Senior Business Analysts who will bridge the gap between Product Management and Engineering Teams. You'll be a conduit and translator, with an inquisitive mind which drives you to understand problems and ask “why?”. Your unique blend of analytical and relationship building skills will enable Serko to deliver compelling products and services that solve real problems for our customers.
What you'll be doing
- Employ critical thinking and logic-driven analysis to define requirements to deliver exceptional customer value
- Apply slicing and planning skills to create effective and efficient work breakdowns to quickly deliver value
- Collaborate and support Engineering understanding, socialising principles, roadmaps and user stories, and facilitating cross functional communication
- Manage engineering team backlogs and lead/facilitate team ceremonies where applicable, especially grooming/refinement
- Collaborate with Product and Design teams to ensure insights learned from product discovery and design are shared with stakeholders and embedded into product lifecycle
- Support Product Managers to develop product roadmaps and define and break down work for customer value delivery
- Work with Product, Engineering and Operations teams to clarify and solve user-facing problems
- Contribute positively to the development and growth of Product Analysis function at Serko, including coaching other Business Analysts
What you'll bring
- 3+ years’ experience in business analysis or product ownership in an Agile SaaS environment
- You're a team player, with the ability to communicate, collaborate and empathise with internal teams or clients and remain flexible in achieving the right outcome
- Experience in integration work and dealing with supplier technical specifications
- Familiar with Postman, and reading logs
- Familiar with APIs, particularly SOAP APIs
- Able to read XML
- Able to effectively translate business and customer needs into product solutions
- Ability to work in an agile manner and pivot easily where required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong facilitation and leadership skills, with the ability to lead engineering teams in product delivery
It's important to us, that our people can bring their whole selves to work. Join our team and we have the following on offer for you!
- Competitive salary + Kiwisaver + A generous incentive scheme
- Laptop, modern office with games, exceptional coffee, snacks, and a great social atmosphere!
- Permanent full-time opportunity
- Promotional opportunities among an established & growing global organisation
- 1:1 mentoring with industry leaders to help your growth towards your career pathways
- Flexibility to work-from-home
- Flexible starting and finishing hours
- Inclusive culture which embraces the diversity of our people - with many different nationalities proudly represented across the Serko workforce. We look for people to add to our culture!
Serko is a NZ Immigration Accredited Employer. However due to Covid-19 immigration restrictions, we can only accept applications from candidates who are either NZ/AU citizens/permanent residents, or hold a current valid work visa for employment in New Zealand.