Please note that this role is listed as full-time, but candidates available to work 24+ hours per week will also be considered.
At Evnex, we design, build, and install smart electric vehicle charging systems.
Our New Zealand-built chargers and software ensure vehicles are charged efficiently, affordably, and with the lowest possible impact on both the electricity grid and environment.
Electric vehicles in New Zealand are picking up speed and we are entering a new phase of growth – we’d love you to be a part of it!
We’re a friendly supportive team who enjoy coming to work, and we provide opportunities for our people to grow. We’re highly cross-functional and work across business development & strategy, mechanical design, electronics, firmware, mobile, and web design.
As Evnex’s Office Administrator, you’ll be supporting our sales, production and installation teams with general administrative tasks including bookkeeping, ordering of supplies, and ERP (Enterprise Resourcing Planning) software support.
As part of this role, you’ll also be willing and able to help out across other areas of the business where and when required.
Key responsibilities and skills:
- Support with the processing and reconciliation of financial transactions.
- Quickly develop a sound understanding of, and support with the final implementation of our new ERP software, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- Support with invoicing and basic accounting.
- Manage employee payroll.
- Support with stock accuracy, cycle counting and adjustments.
- Support with general office administration, including pick ups and deliveries and ordering of supplies and stationary.
- Occasional customer support, transferring of phone calls, escalation of support requests.
- Contribute positively to the team culture and embrace the company core values by demonstrating authenticity, fun, excellent customer service and an aptitude for growth.
- Participate and engage in an active health and safety culture.
What we're looking for:
A motivated and organised person who can bring energy to the role and has a willingness to go the extra mile. You’ll have a high level of initiative and be happy to support with the development of processes as we scale our operations.
You may be a good fit if you can demonstrate the following:
- At least 2 years’ experience in an office administration or bookkeeping type role.
- An eye for detail, and sound financial literacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A current, full driver’s license.
- A fast learner who is technically competent at picking up new skills and highly computer literate.
- A willing, ‘can do’ attitude to get stuck in wherever you’re needed.
Why work at Evnex?
- Work in a dynamic, open-plan office, right at the coal face of where our product is designed.
- Flexible work hours and work-from-home options.
- We have a supportive culture that includes an employee assistance program and a living wage.
- Join a values-based organisation (check them out here: https://www.evnex.com/about).
If you have proven admin or bookkeeping experience and meet the above requirements, please get in touch! You must also have a permanent right to work in New Zealand. We cannot promise to respond to applicants that do not meet these criteria.