9Spokes is a global business ecosystem that boasts some of the biggest players in financial services. We also enable SMBs to visualize, monitor, and compare business data, from finance to marketing — in one space.
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to connect the live operations with the scrum teams so customers problems can be resolved efficiently, and scrum team impediments can be removed quickly. Reporting to the Release and DevOps Manager this is a hands-on role with responsibilities for deploying product updates, identifying production issues and implement solutions, maintaining integration to third party applications and working with agile scrum team to provide resolution to infrastructure problems. This role also covers our internal IT support for laptops and Microsoft Office products.
In this role you will support a world-leading technology product during a high-growth phase and the right candidate should not be afraid of getting stuck in! Working as part of a team of cross-functional peers, this role will participate in live operations as well as agile development practices for delivering outcomes in alignment to the company strategy. Given the small size of the team, many of the key accountabilities will be shared within the team and the DevOps Engineer is expected to be an important driver in the delivery of the accountabilities.
Working with 9Spokes you will have an opportunity that will provide variety, career advancement and flexible work arrangements. If you're looking for a key position in DevOps read on.
· Provide DevSecOps support, including resolution of platform incidents in environments supported by the DevSecOps team
· Work with DevSecOps team to deliver uptime and response time SLAs
· Manage deployments of product updates and fixes
· Develop the CICD automation frameworks to reduce manual processes and increase efficiencies
· Provide and Level 2 technical support
· Build tools and scripts to reduce occurrences of errors and improve efficiency
· Design and improve procedures promoting best practice across the teams for your area of expertise
· Provide internal support for laptops and tool support
· Participate in agile team practices
· Evolve and document operational procedures
· Participate in security operations on the platform
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
Ideally the successful candidate will demonstrate experience and working knowledge across the following areas:
· Experience with operating large-scale web software applications
· Work experience from a technology company
· Azure cloud understanding with junior / intermediate experience
· Knowledge and desire to work with Docker and Managed Kubernetes cluster (e.g. AKS)
· Experience with Infrastructure as code beneficial (e.g. Terraform, Ansible)
· Experience with application package management tool (e.g. helm)
· Working experience/knowledge with GitOps and managing CICD pipeline
· Level 2/3 systems engineering background
· Strong understanding of security, networking, infrastructure and operating systems
· Confident ability to provide laptop and Office365 support
· Understanding of agile software development methodologies
· Good understanding of continuous integration, continuous delivery and build automation
· Bonus to have good understanding or operational experience in MongoDB, AMQP and caching technology
· Exposure to the SaaS domain would be considered a significant advantage
· Ability to drive technical excellence, pushing innovation and quality.
9Spokes values driven individuals capable of producing outcomes, but who also enjoy opportunities to think and solve issues creatively. This is a hands on role in a dynamic, exciting and well-funded global early-tech business. The successful candidate should be an excellent communicator and facilitator, with stakeholder management skills. As well, be comfortable operating with multiple hats and working in a fast paced, fun environment.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, and are passionate about testing and release management we're keen to hear from you!