Serko is an NZX50, global business travel and expense company, with our Headquarters based in Parnell, Auckland. As the 2020 HI-Tech Company of the Year, we're a diverse, close-knit group where everyone's opinion matters. We’re already the established leader in Australasia and revolutionizing the way people do business travel in the USA and Europe – and we’re growing!
We’re hiring people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to help us build a world-class team and product.
About the Role
We're looking for people with a solid background in software engineering who are either already leading a team and looking for a new challenge, or are ready to step up! We want our leaders to play to their strengths, so even though this role describes various competencies we expect that most people will delegate some of the responsibilities to their teams. The core competencies of this role include coaching and mentoring of people, cultivating a collaborative team, leading software delivery, production operations, and continuous improvement.
This role is primarily people and delivery management focused with an emphasis on leading and supporting a product delivery team. We expect you to have a background as an individual contributor however being hands on writing software is a secondary concern.
This is a permanent, full-time position where you'll be utilising your experience in:
- Leading a collaborative self-organising team in delivering great software that our customers love!
- Collaborating with the product group and other teams to align the team with company objectives and initiatives across engineering
- Developing people and teams through ongoing coaching and mentoring
- Creating and nurture an inclusive team environment, where team members feel like they belong and can do their best work
- Establishing open communication and feedback between team members
- Working in a “build it and run it” environment where engineering teams build, deploy, monitor and support the components that they own
- Working with the team to identify and implement improvements in our processes, practices and product
- Supporting teams in increasing the delivery proficiency by creating a learning environment.
- Driving adoption of practices that ensure higher quality software is delivered to production frequently such as Story mapping, Moving quality left, Exploratory testing, Test-driven Design, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Pair-Programming and Mob-Programming
- Experience and passion for growing, developing and guiding people
- People leadership, with experience and a passion for growing, developing and guiding people
- Openness to receiving and giving feedback in a safe and inclusive workplace
- Interest in working in an environment where leaders support their teams to do great work, through removing impediments, finding improvements, and facilitating effective decision making
- Enthusiasm about experimenting with new ways of doing things to help the team reach new levels of effectiveness (and efficiency)
- A strong background as an individual contributor and willingness to get into the details when the team needs it
- Experience working in agile development teams with either XP, Lean or Scrum a requirement
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Excitement for learning about how our industry works and the impact we bring to our customers
It's important to us, that our people can bring their whole selves to work. Join our team and we have the following on offer for you!
- Competitive salary + Kiwisaver + A generous incentive scheme
- Laptop, modern office with games, exceptional coffee, snacks, and a great social atmosphere!
- Permanent full-time opportunity
- Promotional opportunities among an established & growing global organisation
- 1:1 mentoring with industry leaders to help your growth towards your career pathways
- Flexibility to work-from-home
- Flexible starting and finishing hours
- Inclusive culture which embraces the diversity of our people - with many different nationalities proudly represented across the Serko workforce. We look for people to add to our culture!
Serko is a NZ Immigration Accredited Employer. However due to Covid-19 immigration restrictions, we can only accept applications from candidates who are either NZ/AU citizens/permanent residents, or hold a current valid work visa for employment in New Zealand.