Customer Support Lead
At Halter, we're reinventing the future of farming. We’re committed to reducing the intensive hours farmers work, supporting farmers to meet growing global food demand, enhancing animal welfare and protecting our environment. We got started just a few short years ago in 2016, and have rapidly progressed to the point where we're deploying Halter to farms across New Zealand. Our leading-edge hardware and state-of-the-art software deliver an unparalleled farm management tool. Solar-powered, GPS-enabled smart collars are fitted to each dairy cow and coupled with a simple app that allows farmers to remotely shift, virtually fence and proactively monitor their cow’s health, feed and behaviour.
Our work is turning heads. Halter won the 2021 Agri Magic Smart Farming award and we have also won in two categories for the 2021 NZ Hi-Tech Awards. We are backed by a set of sophisticated investors that have supported a stream of other leading technology companies including SpaceX, Tesla, Airbnb and Spotify. We are also incredibly fortunate to count Rocket Lab CEO, Peter Beck, as an investor and board member.
We hire the world's best people and provide the best environment to enable them to do their best work. We have a passion for innovation, a desire to make a genuine difference, and a culture that we know is pretty special.
About the role
Halter is on the lookout for our very first Customer Support Lead! Reporting to and partnering with Aaron Traynor, our Customer Success Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a multi-regional, high performing customer success team, being responsible for owning our customer service tool Intercom, and implementing strategies to engage with our customers, to ensure customer satisfaction and to deliver on SLA’s with a little surprise and delight!
We want people that are obsessed with helping our farmers to be successful. Our user base is a combination of self-service and enterprise customers who commonly reach out for assistance in getting set up with our product, understanding best practices in using the platform, adopting new features or for help troubleshooting bugs (every company has them!).
Don’t be surprised if no two days look the same. You will spend most of your time building a support platform fit for a global scale while leading a small but growing team of support specialists.
What your day could look like
- Designing and creating the support function at Halter and driving our support strategy in collaboration with the Customer Success team
- Leading, mentoring, organising and growing a team of exceptionally talented and driven Support Specialists
- Defining key support metrics and ensuring they are tracked and integrated with Customer Success tools
- Driving improvements in response times and customer satisfaction within your team and across the entire customer support space
- Supporting the development and overseeing customer knowledge bases and online communities
- Detecting emerging trends in customer experience, drivers of customer action, change in the agent experience and articulating those qualified insights across stakeholder groups for strategic action.
- Developing and improving our processes, policies, and team values
- Influencing the direction of Halter, the product. The Customer Support team collects feedback from users on a large scale. You will lead and participate in cross-functional projects with product engineering and design, marketing, and sales acting as an advocate for both the customer and Halter
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years experience working in a customer support/service capacity, in a SaaS or technology company highly desired
- 1-2 years experience working in a role where you directly lead and managed people
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and inspire are a must
- Solid comprehension of statistics and ability to recognise patterns in data and provide recommendations based on those patterns
- Experience working end-to-end within a technical escalation process, from customer requests to engineering.
- Have strong project/program management skills — you are a highly structured organiser and facilitator and are energized by bringing order to chaos
- Experience with the Intercom platform is a bonus, but not a requirement
Why our team loves working at Halter
- We take culture seriously and have created a working environment that we are proud of
- The excitement, risk, and reward of a high-growth technology start-up
- We are part of shaping a growing, internationally successful, New Zealand technology company
- The opportunity to work with and grow alongside a dynamic, and highly talented team with diverse backgrounds
- Opportunity to supercharge your career in a supportive and caring environment
- Our ideas are truly valued, we are able to move fast, and see our impact
- Beautiful dog-friendly offices in the heart of Auckland city
- Delicious snacks available for your day to day flow
- Our learning and development is important so Halter offers an annual $1000 self-development budget
- Our time to recharge is valued, we’re offered wellness leave & unlimited annual leave
- Plus a competitive salary package + ESOP to sweeten the deal
Halter is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace—a place where we can all be ourselves and do the best work of our lives. We offer flexible working arrangements, wellbeing initiatives, and support for all of our people.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply below by sending through your cover letter explaining why you’re excited about this role and working at Halter, along with your CV, and we’ll be in touch!