Head of Data
Founded in 2018 and headquartered in New Zealand we’re a team of over 60 based across NZ, Australia, South Africa, Brazil, Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines, collaboratively hustling to make buying, selling and swapping crypto currency, fast, safe and easy for anyone. In fact, we’re probably one of NZ’s fastest growing, biggest businesses that no one has ever heard of.
With over 100,000 users and numbers doubling every 4 months, we’re rapidly expanding, and pride ourselves on seeking out diverse perspectives when it comes to imagining our future. We aren’t constrained by what’s been done in the past, we think about what’s possible and we achieve it as a team. Overall, we think we’re a pretty awesome team to be a part of who will always have your back!
Who we’re looking for:
As our Head of Data, you will lead the establishment of Easy Crypto’s data function and delivery of business insights to support operations and improvements. The data function is critical to ensure we have accurate insights on our business, our customer needs and our broader environment. Accurate and informative data is key to delivering our strategy and providing market leading customer experience, ultimately enabling our mission to provide equal access to financial betterment through cryptocurrencies.
To sum it up your role will involve:
- Develop and execute the organisation’s data and information strategy, ensuring the right frameworks and systems are in place to effectively leverage data to drive growth for the business.
- Foster a data-led culture within the organization to ensure data informs all product and business decisions.
- Lead the design of the data architecture and analytics infrastructure, developing a system to conduct analysis in a way that gives meaning to the data and helps to identify opportunities and reduce pain points.
- In collaboration with Information Security Leadership, effectively govern the organisation’s data from interference, theft, corruption and loss through effective policy and security awareness.
- Collaborate across the organisation, ensuring all teams understand the data available to them and know how to utilize it to drive change.
- Utilise data (both qualitative and quantitative) to develop robust insights pertaining to our customers that will drive future strategy, product roadmaps and communication.
- Be an innovative thought leader who will provide the Executive Team, Board and Investors with insights, advice and guidance that will enable EC to delight its customers and win in new markets.
The skills you’ll bring:
- 10+ years in a data and analytics, focussed on providing actionable insights to businesses
- Experience leading data teams in a high growth company.
- Strong knowledge of data tools, best practice approaches and agile methodologies.
- A visionary mindset who isn’t constrained by what’s been done in the past but thrives creating better solutions for the future.
- A collaborative hustler who has proven success leading a high performing team and working closely with others at a senior level to deliver exceptional results.
Why not check out our website to take a look at how easy we’re making crypto for our customers. We’re still working on our careers page so unfortunately you won’t learn a heap about what it’s like to work for us there (just yet), but here’s a few of the things we think are really great:
- Work remotely from anywhere in NZ or join us in our shared space in Auckland- up to you!
- Competitive salary plus an annual and quarterly performance-based bonus.
- We’re remote but not removed- we pride ourselves on connecting socially and connecting no matter what the distance is.
- A team where everyone has a voice and a chance to impact how we succeed- when we say we’re collaborative and we’ll have your back we genuinely mean it.
Submit your CV and cover letter, sharing why you’d like to be part of the Easy Crypto team and we’ll be in touch.