Head of Product
We are looking for a Head of Product to direct and deliver our product vision. Join our SLT and support our SaaS product in a Global FinTech market!
- Hands-on Head of Product role in SLT
- Work with a small team of Product Owners
- Medical insurance benefits, and flexibility with 2-3 days in the CBD with remote working!
9Spokes is a powerful business ecosystem with global scale. It offers modern businesses a management app that brings meaningful data together across a business, its apps and banks. Think of 9Spokes as a virtual advisor, here to motivate and guide businesses so they not only survive, but grow and thrive.
We are seeking a Head of Product to direct the product development and ensure a high return on investment (ROI.) You’ll translate ideas into strategy and features and follow product development from start to finish. To succeed in this role, you’ll be a perceptive and creative leader and a reliable problem-solver. You most likely have a knack for knowing what ideas will and won’t work. Given the team size this is both a strategic role for the company as well as a hands on role working directly with the team on features.
Product Strategy and Management
- Expand, explain, and iterate the product vision so that is compelling to the users, team and stakeholders
- Work with the CEO and Senior Leadership Team to formulate 9Spokes future product direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with the company vision for our two products Track and Open
- Develop product requirements and roadmaps
- Lead Product Owners and coordinate with engineering, marketing, and other teams
- Incorporate feedback and input from customers, partners and in-house teams on product strategy and finding ways to expand product market reach
- Evaluate product performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics to build better products
- Suggest ways to track product use and impact on end users
- Research and understand the market, ensuring that you define compelling and competitive product features
- Champion user centric design backed by data and research
- Manage the backlog of bugs, features and improvements and lead scrum teams through the implementation and delivery of products and features.
- Build a healthy and collaborative work environment for a strong product team
- Manage team members and develop strong relationships
- Be the voice of the customer within 9Spokes.
As Head of Product you will deliver the 9Spokes product vision. You will be a self-starter and be confident managing your workload with an excellent ability to prioritise. And you’ll demonstrate experience across the following areas:
- Product Management and experience in an agile environment
- Strong commercial and operational acumen enabling solid recommendations with understanding of long-term impacts to the P&L
- A solid and proven background in delivering and managing products throughout the product lifecycle
- Excellent stakeholder relationship skills
- Advanced skill with managing product delivery in tools such as Azure DevOps and Jira
- Ability to collaborate, lead and promote innovation
As a bonus, experience in the following areas would be a nice to have:
- An appreciation of small business enterprises (SME) working environments
- An understanding of financial and banking institutions
- Software or SaaS as well as global experience preferred.
9Spokes values driven individuals capable of producing outcomes, but who also enjoy opportunities to think and solve issues creatively. This is a hands on role in a dynamic, exciting and well-funded global early-tech business. The successful candidate should be a confident team player with excellent communication skills and comfortable operating with multiple hats and working in a fast paced company.
9Spokes is an accredited employer. To apply for this role you must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand. If you have the relevant skills and experience, are passionate and are eager to learn more apply now as we're keen to get you started ASAP!