OrbitRemit is an innovative and fast growing online payments company. We have developed world leading technology enabling our customers to transfer funds internationally at the best possible exchange rate, for the lowest possible fee. We are a disruptive force in the area of cross border payments helping our customers send money to where it is needed most.
We are looking for an Android Developer to join the growing OrbitRemit team in Wellington, NZ. This is an exciting opportunity to have meaningful input to OrbitRemit, and specifically in creating seamless Android app experiences for our customers as well as growing their own skills and capabilities.
We encourage an open and transparent working environment and love people to be proactive and innovative in their roles with new ideas and approaches of how we can ensure our customers are having the best experience when transferring their funds.
What You Will Work On
- - You will take ownership of our native Android app which has been built using a modern MVVM approach, written entirely in Kotlin and taking advantage of Android Jetpack Libraries.
- - Working closely with other developers, project managers and designers to help define and implement new features, refine existing features and ensure a consistent experience for our customers.
- - Proactively finding and exploring better ways to improve and streamline the mobile experience and ensure it can scale to high customer demand, is efficient and always available.
- - Being an advocate for mobile technology in the business, staying up to date with the latest tools, platform and concepts and how these can be incorporated into the Android app.
What You Would Need to Know
- - Strong understanding and proven knowledge of the Android ecosystem.
- - Intimate knowledge of Kotlin or if you come from an exclusively Java background, an excitement to leave it behind.
- - Experience with the Google Play Store and deploying updates to an active user base.
- - You have the mindset of wanting to ship code, and want your code in production being used by customers.
- - You're an expert at problem solving with the ability to work independently and plan your own solutions to problems.
- - Proven track record of building high performing and reliable code.
- - Passionate about all things mobile and technology, as well as product and user experience.
- - Strong communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- - English as a working language.
- - You're keen to learn more about new technologies and the inner workings of the international payments industry.
- - You're comfortable working in a team that deals with ambiguity every day.
Nice to Haves
- - Experience working with Jetpack Components.
- - Experience with an MVVM architecture and testing frameworks.
- - Experience with Docker.
- - Experience with Git, and Continuous Integration tools.
What we offer
- - A competitive market salary plus benefits.
- - A modern central city office with all the trimmings (barista coffee, free snacks, drinks, beer and kombucha on tap, social activities, etc...)
- - Flexible working options.
- - Tech setup of your choice.
- - A friendly, honest and supportive team of people from diverse backgrounds.
- - Exciting projects that make a real difference to our customers.
- - Ongoing professional development and learning opportunities (formal and informal courses, conferences, etc..)
If you're looking for that next career step where you can have a big impact and drive the technology on our Android app (and the wider mobile team) then don't hesitate to get in touch even if your CV is incomplete.