Full Stack Developer
Kami is an award-winning startup based in Auckland, New Zealand. Our leading digital classroom app offers meaningful solutions to over 30 million users worldwide, helping educators create a more interactive and collaborative learning experience for the students.
You’ll join at a pretty magical time. Kami’s user base is growing and thriving. With over 70 team members based across Auckland, the USA, South Africa and Brazil we’re really proud of all the accomplishments and milestones we’ve achieved, so far. This is a chance to join our team and become an integral member of Kami’s growth.
We are looking for talented developers who love to create amazing web experiences to join NZ’s fastest-growing company. We are helping over 30 million teachers and students eliminate printing and scanning and the associated costs and effort - so teachers can spend more of their time on achieving better learning outcomes for the next generation.
As an engineer for this forward-thinking startup, you will not be locked in the backroom implementing specs sheets - you’ll be talking to the customers/teachers who already love their product, and figuring out how to make it work even better for them. This position will suit an Engineer with a good product sense and is comfortable working relatively autonomously but who can also collaborate well both internally and externally.
With the majority of users based in the US, we travel to attend conferences, trade shows and to visit schools using our software. So ideally you will relish the opportunity to travel and have no passport restrictions.
Technical skills and experience required for the role are:
- Strong product sense and ability to work with customers to design bespoke solutions.
- Experience with developing high-performance front-end code, profiling with Chrome Developer tools.
- Appetite to learn new languages and technologies.
- They adopt the latest tech fast, including Service Workers, Native Client, and real-time communication in our app (Most of their users are on evergreen browsers, so we get to use the new web technologies).
- This is primarily a front-end engineering position, however, they use Ruby, Rails, Java, Kubernetes (with GKE).
- PostgreSQL and CockroachDB in the backend and experience with them is a bonus.
- Great communication and engagement skills.
- A positive, passionate and collaborative approach.
Technologies we use: (Nice to Have)
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- The opportunity to work for a great employer that genuinely makes a difference around the world.
- Excellent work perks
- Flexible working
- A diverse and challenging role
- Learning and development opportunities
- The opportunity to grow and scale a unique company
Kami is an equal opportunity workplace, and we would like to hear from all qualified applicants. If you have a disability or any special needs that we might need to accommodate, please let us know.
Remote work a possibility for the right candidate.
If this sounds like the role for you then apply now and let's talk.