Senior Property Operations Manager
Who are Frankie?
In New Zealand, we love property, but we can be less enthusiastic about maintaining it. Poorly maintained buildings mean more frequent replacements. That means a lot of wasted concrete & steel, and that’s a huge amount of embodied carbon that we’re also wasting
Enter Frankie: we’re a software start-up making it easier for facility managers to extend the life of their buildings through proactive maintenance.
We’re helping make their lives easier, building a control centre for property operations: dealing with all the contractors, tenants, assets, and maintenance schedules in a complex facility such as a food processing plant or a school. In doing so, we’re helping them save money in the long run, and helping them save the planet.
While we’re less than 2 years old, with 6 people currently on the team, we have a product that works, and customers signed up. To grow on that solid foundation, we’ve recently closed a seed round and are poised to grow the team in 2022 and beyond.
What’s the job?
Join our growing tribe of 6 (on the way to 8/9), fun-loving, hard-working, results-driven, stone-cold-awesome designers, producers, engineers, tinkerers and thinkerers.
You’ll be an integral part of the Operations team – a cross-functional team working directly with our customers led by our CEO, Georgie.
This is the 3rd Operations role after Georgie and Hank, and will be a great place for someone with a few years of experience to build commercial skills with some of the best Property portfolios in the country.
As one of several peer in a collaborative team; the tasks that you will be involved in include:
- Working directly with customer groups to ensure are maintaining their property at scale
- Build new processes and materials to scale operations capacity as our customer base scales
- Analyse data and create insights that drive a better product and customer experience
- Identify and scope opportunities in new markets and product
What skills & experience are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone with 4-6 years experience in consulting, valuation or engineering roles. There are some core technical skill that are essential:
- Tertiary qualified in a related field – Building science, building physics, mechanical services engineering, architecture, valuation or other
- Experience delivering ESD projects including: Developing bespoke sustainability strategies, building physics analysis (skills in IES and similar are an advantage), development of passive design solutions, building life cycle analysis, decarbonisation roadmaps, and green building certification (Green Star/NABERsNZ/LEED/Living Building Challenge etc.)
- Strong client engagement skills – have a passion for working directly with property teams offering clear and valued advice which resonates.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and lead others to achieve sustainable outcomes
- Excellent communications skills and someone who thrives working in a team environment
- Creativity, resourcefulness, intuition and passion for bringing fresh ideas and new solutions to our clients and communities
What attitude are we looking for?
- Customer-focused: we’re looking for someone who enjoys getting face-time with customers because they know it helps them build better software.
- Willingness to learn: we’re looking for someone who aspires to be “T-shaped”, with a few deep specialisations as well as a broad range of skills where they can effectively contribute.
- Self-directed: as we’re a remote-inclusive environment, we’re looking for someone who is able to direct their own day, getting on with work when it’s clear, and seeking guidance when it’s not.
- Supportive collaborator: we’re looking for someone who is happy to help their colleagues, and isn’t afraid to ask for input or help themselves.
- Helps where it’s needed: we’re a small team, we don’t have dedicated roles for everything that needs to be done, we’re looking for someone who is happy to help out as need arises, if time permits.
If that sounds like you, please get in touch, and send us your CV and a little bit about why you think you and Frankie would make a good match!