What you'll be doing
Some of the key things you'll be doing as a Product Owner at Ambit include:
- Contribute to the development, maintenance & prioritisation of the Product Roadmap using data-driven insights.
- Investigate and validate new or planned feature ideas with Clients, partners, and internal stakeholders.
- Research & help explore and evaluate potential opportunities to form technology and product partnerships that fulfil our vision and strategy
- Understand and be able to clearly communicate the competitive landscape, how we rank against the market, identify gaps and competitive opportunities, and feed this information into Roadmap planning
- Put the Customer at the forefront of everything you do. Understand customer problems and needs by putting yourself in their shoes, and be able to clearly communicate this and guide internal teams to solve them
- Continuously collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to clearly understand and define Client needs & requirements, and ensure there is a ready and prioritised pipeline of work for the Engineering team
- Manage & run agile ceremonies from Product & Tech discovery workshops, through to daily stand-ups
- Build strong relationships with the Engineering team and work with individual team members to ensure the most appropriate allocation of workload and successful achievement of sprint goals
- Work closely with our Customer Success team to provide recommendations and advice for customer projects including how to engage our customers effectively on product direction.
- Communicate to the wider team, new and changed functionality and the value these bring to our Clients, their customers, Partners and Ambit as a company
What are we looking for in you as a person?
To succeed in this role you'll need to be:
- A kind values-driven person who believes in building respectful relationships with the people they work with.
- A team player - teamwork is vital given the intimate nature of Ambit. We’re looking for someone who enjoys working and collaborating as part of a team, and can adapt from technical to Sales & Marketing discussions
- Someone who gets excited about challenges, possibilities, new ideas and opportunities - we’re looking for someone who wants to get actively involved in helping to improve our product and systems.
- Someone who has a genuine understanding of why customers are important.
- A “Make it happen” person.
- Someone that is not afraid to challenge, be curious & creative, and who will help maintain the passionate and innovative culture of Ambit
What product skills are we looking for?
Ideally, we're looking for someone who has a combination of the following:
- Two or more years of Product ownership, Business analysis, or similar experience.
- A toolbox of techniques to identify product requirements - for example, design-thinking, ideation sessions, mockups, prototyping, build-measure-learn loops, rapid experimentation, user interviews etc.
- Proven experience in creating and communicating lean product requirements with engineering and marketing teams
- Knowledge of JIRA / an equivalent workflow management tool.
- Experience with SaaS and/or PaaS products would be an added bonus
- A real knack for getting to grips with software tools and platforms and becoming a power user.
- A solid understanding of and appreciation for software delivery practices and processes ("agile" with a little "a", lean and pragmatic).
- The ability to clearly articulate product requirements and prioritise enhancement requests.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Experience in managing or contributing to and reporting on a product roadmap to a leadership team.
- A proven track record of developing strong relationships with Technical and business teams.
- Experience in carrying out user research to determine new opportunities and evaluate existing features.
- Experience in defining and measuring SaaS product success - for example using SaaS telemetry data to identify improvements and measure success of new capabilities
What qualifications are we looking for?
We emphasise experience and knowledge over qualifications but it would be great if you had a university qualification or similar.