Senior Software Engineer - NZ
An exciting SaaS company having a real impact on Kiwi, Australian and UK businesses!
Fergus is a 100% kiwi-owned tech company that builds awesome job management software. We're helping tradespeople around the world manage their businesses in a much smarter way. We want you to join us as we head into an exciting and exponential phase of growth!
Our plan is full steam ahead as we expand internationally, so this is a super exciting time to be part of our engineering teams. We offer a flat structure here, so this role reports directly to one of our Lead Engineers and then straight to our highly supportive CTPO, Chris Stevens. This is where you will have the opportunity to share your ideas and be heard, because we believe everybody in the team has something to add.
As one of our Senior Software Engineers, you will work within this super agile team, working on real products which result in real-life improvements to our customers - you will actually see your work making a difference!
What's great about this role?
- We are expanding to new markets and increasing the number of teams
- We are a successful SaaS Company, but you are not just a number here – we work hard to preserve our culture and know our people
- See your ideas and work come to life
- Be part of the Senior team of talented Engineers and develop your mentoring and coaching skills
Cool things about Fergus:
- Reward & recognition programmes
- ME days
- On-going personal development budget
- A second-to-none parental leave policy
- Company-wide workshops
- Global team events
Things which will help you succeed in this role:
- Experience in providing strong technical and architectural guidance
- Knowledge of working within an agile environment where you are building a fast, secure and stable platform for growth
- Significant experience in Product development - web applications, mobile applications
Technologies we use:
- We are hosted in AWS and use a range of AWS services
- Docker and Linux
- PHP and MYSQL
Fergus has a very inclusive and collaborative culture and we are united in our goal of really making a difference to our customers. We are super supportive of flexible working arrangements and offer competitive remuneration and professional development.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an established business which is now scaling up and going global. You can really help shape the future direction of the platform, our products and our people.