Senior Mobile Engineer - iOS
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Mobile Engineer with a deep understanding of the iOS platform, who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and implement features on our iOS app with an ambitious goal to reach consumers globally.
- Help set our technical direction for mobile app development around how we architect, deliver, and monitor our apps.
- Be responsible for the launching and delivery of our new iOS app.
- Work closely with other engineers to integrate with our wider technology platform, and designers to help bring to life their vision in engaging, high-quality apps.
- You love building mobile apps and are passionate about creating beautiful, responsive user interfaces to provide a world class user experience on phones, tablets and beyond.
- You have at least 5+ years of high quality, production grade, native mobile application engineering experience for iOS and is proficient in using Swift.
- You have a good understanding of the submission process and managing apps in the Apple App Store.
- You are quality focused with unit and UI testing experience with tools such as XCTest and Appium.
- You are experienced in writing custom animation and transitions to build modern, fluid and responsive apps.
- You have experience collaborating with design teams, and understanding of mobile OS design guidelines such as iOS Human Interface Guidelines. You have worked with tools such as Invision, Zeplin, Sketch and Figma.
- You have a good understanding of consuming APIs (REST or GraphQL) with asynchronous request handling.
- You are experienced with analytics and crash reporting tools for mobile applications such as Firebase, Crashlytics etc.
- You have empathy for customers, teammates, and other stakeholders
- You are an excellent team player with effective communication skills who is able to listen intently and understand the needs of the business, can convert these into clear and easily understood specifications and are able to present this across teams
It will be avantageous to have:
- Production experience with Android app development in Kotlin.
- Previously worked with video playback/streaming.
- Experience with CI/CD platforms such as Fastlane, Jenkins, CircleCI, Microsoft AppCenter etc.
What you will be experiencing in this role at Parrot Analytics:
- A high-performing team of elite professionals who are excited about introducing a new paradigm to one of society’s most impactful industries
- A diverse group of colleagues from every corner in the world joined by a common vision to better connect content creators with consumers to be best in the world
- An unrelenting emphasis on a value-driven team, with an ever-increasing team average (ask us for our ‘Parrot Play’ guide!) seeking to be the best in the world at what they do each day
- Working with world-renowned TV studios and brands and some of the smartest data people in the industry to solve some of the biggest data and measurement problems in the TV industry every day
- The encouragement, support, and resources you need to succeed, learn and grow in the role and in your career
- A lot of love for big data, TV shows and stories that move us!
Our Guiding Values:
- We love our partners! We care intensely and passionately about achieving our vision and helping our customers be successful everyday – they have put their trust in us, so we work hard to #MakeItHappen for them
- We exist because we believe in the magic of TV content and its impact on people’s lives!
- We want to make an impact in today’s golden age of TV, by enabling our partners to make data- driven decisions across the industry – so that fans are better connected with the content they love!
- We have defined culture as the way we live and breathe every single day as an elite team to become the best in the world at what we do
- We understand the importance of disseminating knowledge, information, constructive feedback and ideas – so we work hard to over share
- We take the initiative, always champion our culture and hold everyone accountable to it, so we work hard to #LeadTheParrotWay
- We understand the value of flexibility, freedom and autonomy and embracing new ideas to help us achieve our results (mastery) , so we work hard to make sure the best ideas win
- Checking our ego at the door, we enter a ‘no politics zone’ each day and strive to learn & grow faster together, so we work hard to add value and increase the team average every day