About the role
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen to join our fast-growing company as an Assistant Accountant. The role is full time, but a 32 hour contract is also a possibility.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, this role will see you performing a range of duties such as:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Bank Reconciliation
- Payroll (currently approx 20 employees in NZ, 2 employees in AU)
- Assisting with Month end processes such as Journals and Reconciling Balance Sheet items
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset Register including creating new assets
- Preparation of GST returns (Bi Monthly)
- Preparation of FBT returns (Quarterly)
- Assisting with Quarterly Shareholder Reports
- Other Adhoc tasks as required
Benefits and Perks
You will enjoy...
- Being part of a high-growth venture-backed start-up with international users
- Generous private NZ health insurance
- Flexible working environment with a highly functional remote-work culture.
- Generous parental leave entitlements for both the primary and secondary caregiver.
- Collaborating with a team of talented individuals to make a real difference to patients’ lives.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will need to have the following experience and skills...
- Have an accounting degree or diploma
- Experience in Xero preferred
- Organised, and has a high attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication
- Strong IT/Computer literacy with emphasis on using excel and google sheets
- Proactive approach to solving problems
- Team player but able to work independently and efficiently
- Experience in intercompany accounting (preferred, but not essential)
- Be trustworthy working with confidential data and sensitive information
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work to strict time constraints; and