Senior Developer (fully remote options available)
Why people love it here!
Our purpose is to help every child fulfil their unique potential by connecting and empowering the community around them. Storypark works to make a difference - not just a dollar. We pursue evidence based, earnest discoveries to solve the root of important problems.
As well as having the chance to make a difference to the lives of millions of children, parents and teachers you’ll find:
- New starter leave. Enjoy one week of paid leave free to refresh yourself before you start at Storypark.
- Home office setup allowance of $2k per employee towards home office equipment
- Fully stocked kitchen with food and drinks
- Flexible working arrangements. Design your work weeks around your life.
- Remote friendly. Team events are optimised for remote, with optional Storypark covered travel to connect with each other in person.
- Local in-person meetups with your teammates, for eats or drinks on Storypark
- Birthday leave. Enjoy a paid day off for your birthday
- Monthly activities both online and in-person all of which are voted on by our people
- Dogs and children super welcome in the office
- counselling and support via EAP Services
- Regular team socials. Hang and play with people across our team.
As a senior member of our Ruru team you’ll be focused on some of our critical backend systems including the billing system, identity and access control and 3rd party integrations to name a few. Your natural desire to mentor and coach helps lift the capability of engineers in the team. Your eye for continuous improvement sees small but constant changes to the team's ability to test and deploy safely and quickly.
Our tech stack is Ruby on Rails running in Docker on AWS. We use the Vue framework for the frontend and the infrastructure is mostly Terraform and bash.
What you’ll be doing
- software design and implementation
- leading work on significant features.
- mentoring team mates and improving the productivity
- ensuring the technical team has a strong relationships cross functionally
- play an active role in improvement to performance with the customer at heart
- articulate a coherent future vision for systems tended by the team.
- manage cost of team owned systems and resources.
You’ll bring the following:
- strong knowledge of Ruby on Rails or similar
- a commitment to quality
- natural desire to share knowledge, coach and mentor team members
- interest in exploring modern tools and frameworks to help us deliver faster and smarter
- solid knowledge of testing principles
- willingness to learn and work alongside other technical and non-technical teams.
- you consider yourself a senior or strong intermediate developer who has worked in a cross functional teams previously
- some familiarity with domain driven design is a bonus!
- some familiarity with a cloud provider (Azure, AWS etc) is also a bonus!
You can join the team in Wellington or work fully remotely.
We’ve partnered with Kin on this awesome opportunity, so apply now or contact email@example.com for more information.