About the role
We're looking for an experienced senior developer to join our engineering team as we expand the SubQuery ecosystem. Experience with distributed cloud infrastructure is a must and ideally you're interested in or have experience with blockchain technology.
If working on challenging projects at the intersection of computer science and distributed systems excites you, then this is your role.
- Work as part of our engineering team building our platforms and services for other blockchain teams
- Work to improve the scalability and efficiency of data processing and delivery within the ecosystem
- Work to support new and existing blockchain networks on our platform. This means dockerizing, YAML templating, and otherwise writing code that facilitates different networks running on our Kubernetes based platform every day
- Help design, implement, test, and deliver improvements to our core services on a fast and frequent basis, especially around monitoring and alerting to allow us to maintain the highest standards of health, reliability and uptime.
What we are looking for
- A fast learner, or previous experience with distributed technologies
- Understanding in the theoretical background in blockchain, distributed systems and cryptographic fundamentals
- Experience with distributed technologies such as hadoop, spark, storm, flink, kafka
- Good english written communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, ability to work autonomously and proactively
- Good coding skills, coding and developing modern programming languages
Nice to have
- Knowledge of nodejs, Rust, C++, or Go.
- Some familiarity with containerizing technology, particularly docker, Kubernetes or containerd, but you don’t necessarily need to be an expert
- Experience working with large open-source codebases
- Familiarity with cloud providers such as AWS, Azure or GCP
You can expect
- You’ll be playing a core role in one of the top Polkadot projects in the world implementing new blockchains.
- To learn a huge amount from our team and about the thriving industry that we’re in
- A flexible work environment and schedule where we trust our team with high degrees of autonomy
- Huge development opportunities to build practical skills and experience in software development