Technical Content Writer
About the Role
SubQuery is looking for a talented technical writer to join the team! Our goal is to foster and guide the development and growth of the SubQuery Network and provide support for users and developers to build their own SubQuery Projects. We are making the world’s decentralised data more accessible by allowing developers to query their data faster. As a technical writer you’ll play an important role in developing technical content that is easy to understand and work with different functions across the company
Objectives of this Role
Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation for SubQuery that meets organizational standards Obtain a deep understanding of how SubQuery works to help translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications *Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements and ensuring content is up to date and accurate.
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights into language that sets our users up for success which includes examples, tutorials, exercises and videos.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage.
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field
- 2-3 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Previous software development experience a bonus
You can expect:
Competitive salary in an exciting and fast growing web3 industry A flexible work environment and schedule where we trust our team with high degrees of autonomy. We are open to the right candidate to work completely remotely and are flexible in work hours and location. Opportunity to work with our team and community all around the world to help them grow the OnFinality/ Subquery brand including working directly with clients, developers and investors.