Junior Quality Assurance Programme
ezyVet is a growing NZ-crafted technology company that is competing on the global stage. Our mission is to develop and distribute disruptive technology that innovates, automates, and changes the Veterinary market globally. We have found a winning formula and we need people who are hungry for a challenge to help drive our expansion.
Global demand for our product continues to blow up in a big way and so does our dedication to delivering quality software products to our customers. While we mature our Quality Assurance practice we've crafted this Junior Quality Assurance Programme to induct and train budding QAs into our global teams. It has been hugely successful for departments like Implementation, Sales, Marketing, and Product, so much so that we want to keep the momentum and are looking for more great people to join our Auckland team crafting a career in Quality Assurance Engineering.
The Junior QA program takes ambitious individuals on a journey through two key areas of our business - Support and Quality Assurance. Diving first into ezyVet Support, upskilling on our powerful software and customer requirements you are the front line to our onboarded customers. This is a long game so you'll need to master the art of support while learning specific nuances of QA along the way as part of a graduated programme. Once you have mastered the product and are familiar with customer behaviours, you will transition to Quality Assurance Engineering, embedded within our development teams. QA is responsible for future software quality assurance, ensuring test plans are identified, planned, and executed for bug fixes and new features. You proactively investigate key problem areas of the ezyVet software suite, suggesting thorough test plans and executing on the testing roadmap. You build and maintain our user testing environment as well as contribute to user documentation and process administration efforts.
Opportunities are plenty if you align with the intentions of the programme (growing a career in QA). We build knowledge, confidence, and capability that will set you up for a hugely rewarding career at ezyVet.
During your first step as a Support Specialist you will be learning:
- The ins and outs of the ezyVet software (UX/UI)
- The veterinary workflow and why our customers love ezyVet
- How to solve problems and think on your feet in a technical Support environment
- Internal processes and tooling
- How the different teams within ezyVet work together to get results
- Get familiar with customer behaviour
Full disclosure - while working towards the goal of becoming a QA you will form part of our Global Support team. This means working towards the collective goals of the department, being part of the Auckland roster than includes weekend work every 4-6 weeks and a shift pattern of either 6am-3pm or 10am-7pm. Rosters are forward planned 2-3 months in advance and spread evenly across the shifts.
As a QA Engineer your focus shifts to:
- Identify, plan and execute the required testing for the release of bug fixes and new features
- Proactively investigating key problem areas of the ezyVet software suite, suggesting thorough test plans, and executing the testing roadmap
- User testing suite is maintained and is continuously improving
- Provide clear and concise status updates throughout the testing process
- Document the test plan and report on the success and failures of the executed test plans for future learning
- Creating and maintaining user documentation
- Form close relationships with relevant ezyVet departments
So what are we looking for?
- Hardworking. Ideally you are outcome-driven and do what it takes to get the job done
- Experience working in a busy environment where attention to detail is paramount
- Solid understanding of technology
- Detail orientated
- Methodical and process-driven - you like order
Perks of the job:
- An awesome workspace & environment with lots of friendly faces - some furry ones too
- Laptop & accessories
- Learn & Development
- Catered Lunches several days per week
- Cool, fun, adventure-loving culture and much more!
You do not need to be highly skilled with cloud software, QA, or Support, but it'd be a bonus. We want great people who care about delivering excellent outcomes, have a diligent work ethic, and want to become Quality Assurance Engineers.
If you are up for the challenge, you will join a fun kiwi company, help build a culture to be proud of, and revel in the delight of knowing you are a key part of something great!