Why are we hiring?
Due to an internal promotion, we are looking for an Assistant Accountant to support our teams in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
You will be based in Auckland and able to come in to the office 2-3 days a week.
What will you be doing?
You will join a friendly and collaborative team of 6 experienced Accountants.
The primary focus of the role is to ensure that the company’s financial information is recorded and reported on an accurate and timely basis. You will be responsible for:
- Coding local and foreign supplier payments & reconciling invoices.
- Processing business expenses and analysing results, ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Generate monthly reports on receivable balance.
- Reconciling receipts from customers to invoices on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with Senior Accountants in the team to deliver month-end reports.
- Keep full set of accounts (including General ledger and process payments).
- Identify and highlight opportunities for process and systems improvements.
What are we looking for?
- At least a Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- At least 1-year practical experience in an accounts or bookkeeping.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel Skills.
- An understanding of: Financial reporting and Audit requirements.
- Attention to detail with high level of accuracy and well-developed numeracy skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including building and maintaining strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
What is in it for you?
- Joining a listed global organisation and expanding your financial experience.
- An opportunity to learn more about different markets and receive support from a collaborative team.
- Ongoing support with CA/CPA studies.
- Flexible working that suits your work-life balance!
- Personal learn and growth fund - $ 2,000 yearly on top of salary for each employee to use towards training, development, or wellness activities.
- Free Udemy subscription – we encourage you to complete any courses you are interested in during working hours
- Fully paid health insurance for yourself and discounts for family members (Southern Cross - Wellbeing 2)
- Refer a friend bonus - $2,500 for a successful referral
- Celebrate your birthday with an additional paid day off
- Wellness activities such as EAP Services and annual flu shots available
- An active social club that organises events each month