What you’ll be doing:
You will be working as a key member of our Data team, supporting our engineering product teams looking after:
- Supersonic: our ordering platform including touchscreen kiosk, and contactless ordering experiences
- Eyecue: our computer vision customer journey system aimed at improving a customers’ on-site experience from start to end
Fingermark does have other products and teams that will also require data expertise, and the role will be heavily involved in helping to define the data solutions for them as well.
Fingermark is currently in the midst of re-architecting our data pipelines and introducing new technologies to enable and enhance scalability and security, as well as ensure functions on the data, such as analytics, can happen at speed and with ease.
The role will involve:
- Helping with the re-architecture, maintaining and enhancing existing data pipelines and building new ones
- Handling migration of data and functions, including the introduction of automation and data engineering best practices
- Helping define and build appropriate data models
- Building a best practice data engineering function within Fingermark that can be taken up and use by others as required
- Supporting the engineering teams in any changes or improvements to their products
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders to understand their needs
- Full-stack development
Do you have the unique combination of skills we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer who knows how to build good quality, secure data pipelines and who has a strong focus on delivery and achieving great outcomes for our customers.
We appreciate that candidates won’t have all of the following and that is OK. Hopefully, you will align with the majority of the following:
- Strong experience in big data environments, and understanding of both OLTP and OLAP requirements, as well as establishing real-time and non-real-time flows
- Strong experience in AWS, especially services such as Lambda, SQS, S3, RedShift, RDS, and Kinesis, amongst others
- A good understanding of AWS architecture best practices and supporting services (such as VPC), as well as being able to handle multi-region deployments
- Strong experience in ETL, preferably with DBT
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases, especially PostgreSQL (RDS/Aurora), RedShift and NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB
- Experience with container-based deployments, such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience in security best practices and implementations
- Experience with at least one major language such as Python or Java
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, and help foster a collaborative, well-balanced team environment
- Appreciation of measures of success such as outcomes, KPIs etc
- Familiarity with different ways of working, such as Agile, Lean, Design Thinking
This is an exciting time join the Fingermark team. Fingermark are in a growth phase with customers and opportunities in multiple global markets. They are in the business of providing next generation connected experiences utilising an effective combination of hardware and software. They aim to make it easier for people to lead their busy lives.
Fingermark strives for an exceptional company culture, and we look for people who are rockstars at what they do, matching our passion for solving customer problems with digital solutions. As well as an excellent salary and private healthcare we offer a supportive, dynamic and fast-paced environment where your own growth and development will be encouraged. If you’re dynamic, caring and courageous, we want to hear from you.
We are open to candidates who would like to work remotely.
If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, please apply online with a CV and covering letter. For a confidential discussion please contact Martin on 021 959 303.