Key Roles & Responsibilities
Purpose of the role
At Groov, we know that the key to growth and achieving our mission is a high-performing sales team. That’s why we are seeking a highly ambitious and competent Account Executive!
As an Account Executive at Groov, you will play a key role in the company’s growth and impact aspiration.
A primary responsibility of the role is to identify prospect organisations based on Groov’s beachhead strategy and work with the rest of the Groov sales team to engage key decision makers within those beachhead organisations. You will get to know their business, their goals and their challenges. You will be involved in taking the prospect on a journey - from problem awareness to understanding that Groov is the solution/painkiller that their organisation needs. It is also your job to set these organisations up for success - sell the dream and provide practical steps to follow in order to achieve. To make sure that Groov is in the best possible position to scale while making our customers successful you will need to follow the company’s sales playbook, which you will have input into refining. You will also work closely with the customer success function of the business to make sure this is turned into a reality.
You should be a quick learner with strong communication skills, and have the ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way. Every potential customer is an opportunity for you to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels, and impact.
As is with all startups, this role will need you to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. As the company grows and achieves specific milestones there will also be added opportunities to gain extra responsibilities across the sales function of the business.
- Represent Groov’s product, starting with a comprehensive understanding of the prospect and how Groov could fit their needs.
- Qualify (and disqualify!) opportunities based on Groov’s ideal customer profile
- Conduct product demos using storytelling techniques
- Present proposals and sign organisations who fit Groov’s ideal customer profile
- Generate qualified opportunities and build relationships by nurturing warm prospects
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects
- Identify best practices to refine Groov’s sales playbook
- Use the company CRM meticulously
- Circulate prospect product feedback
- Experience in customer facing role(s)
- Experience in a sales role (inside sales or sales development rep)
- Experience working at a SaaS company
You’re going to love this job if you are:
- Highly empathetic
- Personable & relatable - you’re able to relate to prospects and build rapport with them
- Comfortable with the uncomfortable nature of working at at startup
And if you have:
- Growth mindset - you’re always looking for ways to improve
- No ego - you’re comfortable to give and receive feedback
What’s in it for you?
- We’re a bunch of 50 or so friendly, smart and diverse professionals who are a true team.
- You’ll report directly to the VP of Sales, but beyond that you’ll be working across a flat team structure where everyone shares in the same purpose and pitches in as needed.
- We pride ourselves on thinking big and collaborating, all while sharing expertise - we are one team that delivers results through common goals.
- You’ll have the unique opportunity to build on your skills and talents as we grow, and play a critical role in helping individuals and organisations thrive.
Mental wellbeing has risen to the top of the agenda over the past couple of years and more people are talking openly about it than ever before. So if you’re looking for a combination of doing social good with an exciting commercial opportunity, you thrive on variety and delivering engaging content, then we want to hear from you!
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand (with a valid working Visa, Residency or Citizenship) to be successful in this application.