Senior UI Engineer
We're on the lookout for an amazing UI engineer to join Osho’s small but mighty (and fast-growing) digital software team. You will work with team members of all disciplines to build quick experiments and product features, creating applications across Osho’s digital product suite.
This job is for you if you are passionate about contributing to all phases of software development - including ideation, prototyping, design, and implementation - and helping us set up our UI Engineering/Frontend practice. We’re a collaborative bunch, so part of your role will be supporting your fellow engineers through feedback, code reviews, and advancement of internal tools and processes.
Some of the things that you might be involved in include:
- Working directly with designers, product managers, software and hardware engineers to build and ship full prototype experiments and digital products from scratch
- Building new tools and services that make it fast, safe, and easy for future engineers to leverage our web frameworks
- Contributing to all phases of software development, from ideation through to implementation
- Developing and executing against both short and long-term roadmaps, making effective tradeoffs between business impact, user experience, and a high-quality technical foundation
- Being an active participant in our culture, involving yourself in mentorship, interviewing, and new initiatives
- Supporting your fellow engineers by providing feedback and code reviews
We think you’ll be a fit for this role if you:
- Have 5+ years of practical experience in Front End Web Development
- Can deliver modern, testable, and maintainable code
- Have strong expertise in CSS and HTML, including current best practices
- Excel at creating responsive, device-agnostic interfaces
- Love building modular, well-structured web applications with beautiful and useful user interfaces
- Value visual design patterns and can implement and maintain style guides
- Love to iterate - ideally you’ve worked in an agile environment, and are comfortable pushing teams to improve their ways of working
- Have a passion for, or experience in, working for a start-up
- Are adaptable and resourceful - able to develop effective solutions to problems
- Have an analytical mind, and can clearly translate and communicate your ideas to others
- A competitive salary and employee share scheme (ESOP)
- A remote-first culture - work from home or come into the office, it's totally up to you
- Great new headphones when you join
- Flexible hours - we focus on effort and outcomes, not being chained to a desk 8 am to 5 pm
- A schedule of fun team events throughout the year (ziplining, knife throwing, lawn games, what's next?)
- Office dogs
- Unlimited annual leave so that you can take the time that you need to re-energise
- A beachside office in Takapuna
- The opportunity to learn and develop from some of the best and brightest minds in the industry!
We’d love to hear from you! No need to submit a cover letter - just click 'apply' to answer a few short questions of ours (we find this gives us more insight) and attach your CV.