Senior Node JS Developer
So, what’s your mission?
We are looking for a Senior Node JS Engineer with a flair for Site Reliability or just shipping elegant code to add a bit of senior expertise to the team. You will own the shipping of features, mentor team members, have significant input on our technical direction and maybe run point on sites performance and reliability. As a key member of our senior development team, this is an exciting time of rapid innovation for Vet Radar and to contribute to the continued success of ezyVet. There’s ample opportunity to lead development, and/or lead people if that's where you want to go. We have a collaborative team, utilizing best practices and delivering quality code to add value to our customers.
Why Vet Radar?
- We have a modern, approachable stack that is pretty neat to work with
- Our team is focused, enjoys a gnarly challenge and takes pride in the outcomes we deliver for our customers
We write Node.js, React Native Web and React Native with Typescript. We test our code and use all the best tools. We use the AWS platform with Lambda, DynamoDB and Elasticsearch.
We run a squad structure within ezyVet (yes you get to co-lab with a lot of talented people), follow an agile methodology, and collaborate on all aspects of the development stack to produce quality code.
What would your typical day look like?
- In normal circumstances, arrive at our vibrant new modern office in Freeman’s Bay, get started with a barista coffee from our kitchen. Catch up with your co-workers and take in the view of the harbour
- Cast your eye over the site's performance via custom Grafana dashboards cast to 85" Samsung monitors flanking your pod
- Check out a pull request on your high spec MacBook Pro at your stand-up desk. Code review and teamwork are our technical superpowers
- Daily Stand up to remove those pesky impediments – we value collaboration here and follow agile principles
- Tackle coding problems or collaborate team members on solutions
- Over lunch, kick back on our sunny deck, head down to our onsite gym or relax in the park
- Reviewing fellow coder's code, discuss exciting problems with your team members and keep collaborating!
Whiskers twitching? Here's what we're looking for:
- Solid experience of web or mobile application development experience - we don't measure this in years, but you'll need to show us what you can do
- Strong back-end experience in AWS space with a good handle on site reliability engineering
- Experience with TypeScript and Node.js
- Experience shipping high-quality, production-ready applications
- Experience with testing and continuous integration
- You strive to write well tested, readable code
- A fast learner with an open and curious mind
- A team player and excellent communicator and collaborator with technical skills to match
Bonus points for:
- Desire to work in an agile SaaS environment
- Familiarity with asynchronous, distributed architectures
- A few good stories to tell about the challenges of delivering large-scale projects