Senior Software Engineer
THE ROLE | If we are to scale and apply our solution to other fields such as streamers and immersive learning, it needs to become easier to use, more robust, and flexible. We are looking for a senior software engineer to lead the development of a next-generation embedded system platform.
This role suits someone who has worked in a number of software environments, understands the architecture considerations of embedded systems, and has a refined view of what “good” looks like. With your help, we will build an extensible embedded platform that allows us to rapidly iterate through hardware prototypes, and give customers a polished user experience.
· Architect and hone a cutting-edge system platform
· Help establish software development systems and processes for embedded systems
· Develop firmware update facilities
· Design system protocols and interfaces
· Develop device drivers
· At least 6 years of experience working as a software engineer
· Skilled at developing in C/C++
· Proven experience developing software for embedded systems
· Experience working as part of a tight cross-disciplinary team or startup
· An interest in VFX, gaming, and XR
· A passion for technology and applied science across engineering disciplines
· Pragmatic problem solver and lateral thinker
· An individual keen to primarily work in the office, surrounded by our collaborative team.
Experience working with wireless wearable devices will be an advantage.
You must have the right to work in New Zealand.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.