A champion of the Figured product, the Product Owner will play a critical role in executing on the Figured product vision, working within the product and development team to deliver features that customers love. Success in this role is quantified by growth through product adoption and by a strong bias toward shipping the right things early and often.
We expect good product people to hop across domains and industries. Your curious nature and customer orientation will ensure you gain a deep understanding of the industry and its emerging trends, the unique problems our varied customer types face, and how these align and expand our product proposition.
We run a full-stack approach to product management where people are exposed to all stages of product development, from discovery all the way to delivering features with a strong bias to customer impact and action.
On a day-to-day basis you will be working within your feature and project teams and play a critical role in coordinating efforts across the product roadmap. A full stack role where you will be taking product concepts to reality, a varied role needing someone dynamic that can pivot effortlessly between talking to the market, managing key stakeholders and driving product execution within their delivery team. You will obsess over delivering great features and take full ownership from finding and scoping opportunities to ensuring market-ready, never leaving customers and users out of the process.
- Work closely with customers and in-market team to really understand user needs, their challenges, and how it all fits within the overall product vision
- Own the execution of your feature and project teams from building the requirements to concept iteration, working closely with design and development to drive features
- Play a role in managing the roadmap process, driving clarity across the business on product progress and helping to coordinate efforts across the team
- You are all about quality user experience and won't take any chances on products going out the door without personally sanity checking them against your requirements
- You realise a big part of ensuring customer success is training and enablement and will do what it takes to give a great handover to the CS team
Experience and skills required:
- You have a background in equivalent roles, from product management, ownership, business analysis, project management. You will have no trouble navigating and contributing in an early stage fast-paced software product environment
- No stranger to gathering detailed requirements from different users, product requirement docs, user stories, process maps and wireframes are second nature to you
- Have experience developing complex applications preferably across multiple markets
- Great communication skills externally and internally, never missing a beat regardless of how quickly the ball moves
- You know how to piece things together and make decisions that optimise the product vision
- Can talk shop with devs and drive feature development within modern development processes
- Your critical thinking and problem-solving skills give you the ability to simplify complex concepts into simple solutions
- Passionate about user experience across the full delivery process
- Able to turn data into great insight that benefit customers
- Extra brownie points if you have a knack for good design patterns and user experience design
- Extra full fat brownie points if you have experience with financial or agricultural software
So - why would you want this job?
We pride ourselves on our collaborative approach internally and externally. On a day to day basis you will be collaborating with like-minded passionate and driven people who want to make a real difference to the lives of their customers and the agriculture industry. We will reward your awesomeness with:
- A real purpose to what you do - How about helping the industry that feeds the world
- Growth all around - a leading role in a product company, there is no way but up
- Global impact - Like the sound of making a real impact? We’ll give you the chance to do that on a global scale
- Personal development - Learning from the best in a cross-functional scenario, you’ll enjoy plenty of professional development opportunities and a budget to ensure you can sign up to courses, attend workshops and conference that align to your personal growth goals (job or non job related)
- Flexibility - We care more about the impact you’re making and less about where and how you work, we run a hybrid work space where you can equally enjoy the comfort of your home/cafe/beach and the energy and buzz of our amazing Auckland city office.
- Health - enjoy extra leave with 25 days off a year and subsidised health insurance (wellness two) with Southern Cross
- Fun! - daily quizzes, tim tams, fruit, ice cream and Friday kai, social club are just a few of the rituals that bring us together.
This is a great opportunity to be part of something big where you can take a role in in growing a product that is revolutionising the business of farming. This will be your life’s best work!
So if this is your jam then wait no more, hit us up with an application that demonstrates your passion and mad skills in taking on this awesome role.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for this role.