Fixed Term Garment Support Role
THE ROLE | We are looking for a sewing-savvy fixed-term part-time employee to help our garment production team cover a bump in production output while we improve our processes. This is a mix of quality and admin tasks.
Full training will be provided, however, experience in sewing is a significant advantage.
We envisage the role to be 0930 – 1430, Monday to Friday but have some flexibility.
- Perform quality check on garments
- Keep accurate track of stock
- Entering correct data into our database
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Attention to detail – will be working in millimeters
- Demonstrate ability to manage time with tasks given & meet deadlines
- Follow instructions, and processes & maintain standards
- Basic experience with Spec sheet or SOP
- Basic experiences in the industrial plain sewing machine, industrial overlocker, and hand sewing
- Can work in a team environment or unsupervised.
- Communicate in a professional manner with other departments, able to follow instructions easily.
- Health & Safety understanding in a manufacturing setting.
Good to Have
- Experience in Quality Control/Assurance
- Some working experience in the fashion industry manufacturing
- Pattern making experience
- Some knowledge of stretch fabrics