Principal Tools and Automation Engineer
Serato is one of the world leaders in audio software for professional DJs and musicians. World renowned artists such as Fatboy Slim, DJ Snake, Major Lazer and Mix Master Mike (of the Beastie Boys) love our products and perform with them on a regular basis.
Based in central Auckland, we are always on the look-out for talented individuals who bring a wealth of experience with them. The Principal Tools and Automation Engineer role is pivotal to the ongoing success of the entire development department. Working within the Development Leadership Team, they are responsible for defining a long term strategy to meet the infrastructure requirements of the department supporting complex product development across multiple streams on different desktop platforms. This is a hands-on role working closely with key stakeholders in the business as well as a team of Devops/Build & Release Engineers to execute on the strategy whilst supporting day-to-day issues that arise within a large development department.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to demonstrate:
- 10+ years experience as a developer and 3+ years as a lead in complex projects
- Experience leading/managing infrastructure strategy for a 50+ development team
- Relevant programming languages subject matter expert
- Expert knowledge in relevant tooling and infrastructure including build systems, version control, automation frameworks, static analysis tools, crash tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Subject Matter Expert in many directly relevant domains/technologies and good knowledge of all relevant areas.
- Strong leadership skills including mediation, negotiation, delegation, feedback and evaluation of staff
- Strong administration and management skills
- Understanding of how to take requirements and separate them into development stories and tasks using various different approaches
- Ability to research complex new topics, devise prototypes and propose technical designs.
- Deep understanding of troubleshooting techniques across a broad range of problems/domains
- Expert level design and analysis skills
- In-depth knowledge of coding optimization techniques
At Serato our culture is highly prized and so finding someone who will integrate well with the team and company, sharing our values of having fun whilst working hard and continually improving, is more important than ticking all the boxes. If you're experienced, love software and music and want to work in a high performing team at a company with a great culture this could be the role for you.