Partly is a leading high-growth tech startup headquartered in Christchurch, New Zealand. We're developing solutions for the auto parts industry, with great backing from some big international names and investors, including Blackbird Ventures.
We have 2 main products - PartsPal, a SaaS tool that makes it easy for parts businesses to sell online, and UVDB and GAPC, a vehicle and parts database, that aims to connect the world's parts. We utilize bleeding-edge technology to solve challenging, but exciting problems that will make a huge impact in a $1.9 trillion industry.
We have a fantastic team, culture and work environment. The team at Partly is seriously ambitious and continually striving to improve. We are expanding globally and this role would be an exciting opportunity to grow your career alongside us, develop your skills and have fun doing it.
About the role
In this role, you will help lead the Data side of the business and work closely with our CEO. You will be joining a team of incredibly ambitious and talented engineers and data scientists to tackle hard, exciting problems and build beautiful software.
Qualifications & experience
- Strong experience with complex datasets, and relationships
- Strong experience with complex multi-dependency data ingestion / merge pipelines
- Strong experience with highly relational data / graph data structures / graph databases
- Strong experience cleaning, extracting, and mapping real-world entities
- Experience with ETL pipelines
- Bonus: Experience with merging and tracking multiple datasets
- Bonus: Experience with entity resolution
- Bonus: Experience with Hive, Hadoop, Flume or similar data transformation tools
- Bonus: Experience with knowledge graphs or expert systems
- Strong bonus: experience in the automotive parts industry
- Bonus: be based (or willing to move) to Christchurch
Tasks & responsibilities
- Using models to validate and link different parts, brands, and vehicle definitions
- Designing and implementing our knowledge graph
- Using implicit relations to link part data across countries
- Salary + equity options
- Flexible work hours
- Team social events
- Brand new office
- Free snacks and coffee machine