You will work within the engineering team collaborating with stakeholders, our marketing team and our internal and external designers, to deliver exciting experiences through the front end layer of our applications.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering front-end experiences using CSS/HTML
- Assisting in the design and prototyping of new UI concepts and patterns, and turning those into code
- Creating moments of delight for our customers, keeping them engaged with our platforms
- Contributing to, maintaining, and documenting our UI pattern library
- Producing clean, well structured code
- Monitoring and improving front end performance of our app and site
- Representing the customer in design decisions
How we work
- We follow agile practices, delivering improvements iteratively in small chunks. We track the impact of our work and measure ourselves on results, not the amount of code written.
- We’re growing fast, and are focused on building a well designed, scalable & robust platform. In some areas of the work (e.g. payment processing) there is very little margin for error.
- Our technology platform is built in Ruby on Rails, and we also use a bunch of AWS services (via Terraform), Postgres, Docker, and a little bit of React.
- We have automated tests, continuous deployment, and release to production multiple times per day.
- We review each others code, and set aside time for hacking on experimental features, refactoring and/or learning new things.
- We work hard and finish on time, no crazy hours.
- Have an advanced understanding of CSS & HTML
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills — we work together and succeed as a team
- Be keenly aware of best practices and conventions (e.g. when should a button say cancel, when should it say back)
- Be experienced in mobile first responsive design
- Be familiar with agile workflows, source control and code review processes
Bonus points for the following:
- Experience of wire-framing and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, taking ready made designs and turning them into code
- Knowledge of Ruby or other backend programming languages
- Experience with Jekyll
- Experience being self-employed (freelancing, contracting etc) in any industry/profession
How to apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email a CV and/or a portfolio to email@example.com.