Business Development Manager
Overview of the Role
Reports to: Head of Sales (to be appointed) or CEO.
Hours of work: Full-time.
Ambit is hiring! We are looking for a sales hunter to join our growing team. Do you have experience in B2B solution sales, a great professional network of trusted connections, and the drive to make it happen? Then you should read on.
We are looking for an experienced B2B salesperson with at least 5 years of business development experience, a proven track record of success, a good understanding of the sales process, and able to contribute with new ideas on how we can continue our growth success.
Have you worked with or within large retail, utilities, or financial services industries? That’s our target market and experience with any of these industries is a plus. You don’t need to have software experience to be a great fit for this role.
We feed you leads through our marketing activities, events, and referrals from existing customers. But if finding your own leads sounds daunting, then this may not be the role for you.
What you'll be doing
- Your opportunities will come from a combination of marketing leads, your own lead generation activities, and leads generated from events and Ambit’s profile.
- You will be expected to manage the full sales cycle, from qualifying through to contract signing and handing over to our amazing Customer Success Team.
- You’ll know the sales process like the back of your hand, and be able to apply good discipline and process to ensure your success.
- Your B2B experience has been at a senior leader/GM/C-Suite level and you know how to navigate your way around large organisations.
- You’ll be a dab hand at throwing together a professional presentation and pitching like a star.
- Your network will be top quality, you’ve sold to these people before, and they trust you.
What sales skills are we looking for?
- Over 5 years of B2B Business Development experience
- SaaS/Software experience is a plus, but not essential for the right person
- A strong understanding of the sales process
- Good sales admin discipline - pipeline management, CRM records, follow-ups, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An expert at building and maintaining relationships
- A network of trusted connections
You are here to make a difference. Measures will include:
- Meeting sales targets and objectives
- Feedback from peers and associates as applicable, including our Board
- Feedback from customers.
What are we looking for in you as a person?
To succeed in this role you'll need to be:
- A kind values-driven person who believes in building respectful relationships with the people they work with
- A team player - teamwork is vital given the intimate nature of Ambit. We’re looking for someone who enjoys working and collaborating as part of a team
- Someone who gets excited about challenges, possibilities, new ideas and opportunities. We are looking for someone who wants to get actively involved in helping to improve our product and systems
- Someone who has a genuine understanding of why customers are so important
- A “make it happen” person.
- Someone with a lot of curiosity!
This is not your ordinary opportunity - this is a platform for an extraordinary career experience!
** This role is only open to New Zealand residents. Overseas applications will not be considered.