Senior Software Engineer
Datch is a voice AI for the industrial workforce. We work with an exciting array of global customers - including Fortune 500 manufacturers, energy providers and more - supplying them with an interactive natural language engine they
can use with verbal, conversational dialogue. This allows frontline workers to talk through their day-to-day processes in real-time, leading to big improvements in knowledge retention and a more efficient, happier workforce.
Founded in a garage in 2017, Datch now has offices in the UK, US, and New Zealand. We’re growing rapidly with backing from well-known investors such as Blue Bear Capital, Boeing HorizonX, Acceleprise, and Plug and Play Ventures, and we’re building an exciting product with deep engineering and domain expertise in New Zealand and the US.
Job location: The Icehouse in Parnell, Auckland.
About you (your mindset / what you’re looking for):
- You’re a generalist – able to apply your knowledge broadly and into unfamiliar territory
- You’re a self starter – can start a project with ambiguous context
- You enjoy working in a team ownership culture (share the gains and pains)
- You thrive in an agile startup environment
- You’re looking for the next big challenge in your life
- You’re excited to tackle hard and novel problems
- You empower your team-mates to succeed
About the role (what you’ll do):
As a member of an enthusiastic, agile software delivery team, you will be delivering across our full tech stack, responsible for the design and build of core features of the Datch voice visual experience for our users. You’ll be involved in the design at an architectural level and help guide the direction of the technical infrastructure of the company. The role isn’t static: we’re a growing and agile startup, so you’ll have the ability to choose your path within the company and grow with us.
- In-depth experience across the full stack of a modern software application
- Strong written and oral communication and collaboration skills
- Strong coding, testing and debugging skills
- An understanding of, or familiarity with asynchronous programming (e.g. rxjs)
- A minimum of 5yrs full-time experience in a Software Development role
- Proven experience with Typescript, Nodejs and a cross platform mobile application framework (ideally Angular/Ionic)
- Experience or familiarity with Docker
- Ability to work remotely from time to time
- Ability to travel on occasion
- An interest in and understanding of the TDD and BDD paradigms
- An interest in the industrial world and an understanding of the applied use cases
- An interest in and understanding of ML / AI
- Experience or familiarity with:
- testing frameworks such as Jest
- microservic earchitectures using REST APIs
- any of the other technologies listed in our stack above
- Auth/OIDC or SAML
* You must be eligible to work in New Zealand (with a valid working Visa, Residency or Citizenship) to be successful in this application.