Senior Product Owner
Quack Quack Product Owners! That's HELLO from us here at ezyVet!
How's the water in your pond looking? Ready to paddle to new waters? Well we may have an opportunity that'll ruffle those feathers and get you waddling in excitement! Ok so maybe my duck jokes may fall a little flat, but this job is anything but!
What is ezyVet? We develop and distribute disruptive technology that innovates, automates, and changes the Veterinary market globally. Pets and tech - it's a pretty winning combo!
In an industry like ours, the customer has to be our main focus, we build what they tell us will make the most meaningful impact to them and their clinics. Through intuitive products and features ezyVet solves complex veterinary workflow problems like no one else can. Having recently been acquired by IDEXX, growth is our current game plan which means bringing on a Senior Product Owner to build out our department, increase coverage across our engineering teams and get that extra bit closer to our customers. There is a lot of opportunity here to grow and take ownership. Have we peaked your interest yet?
So what are we looking for?
- Hands-on experience leading scrum teams in the delivery of a product that customers love, whilst delivering business outcomes.
- Ability to lead iterative process change and guide/coach others in a fast paced agile environment.
- A data-driven, entrepreneur mindset able to take ownership and present product needs and opportunities backed by diverse data influenced rationale.
- A passionate operator at home setting large, measurable targets and inspiring others to join the journey and achieve big things.
- A storyteller, with experience communicating concepts, ideas and value to all levels of stakeholders and customers.
The big challenge will be getting up to speed with our product and the customers we serve. The platform is VERY comprehensive but if you're a self-starter and bring established ways of working you'll excel at leading our engineering teams and collaborate other functions of the business to deliver delightful experiences to our customers. We got to this point being customer-centric and we are hell bent on keeping that philosophy to continue scaling at pace. Think you can make a positive impact?
Some of the major parts you own
- Market/user research
- Become the product expert and evangelist
- Business case owner
- A meticulously groomed backlog of well scoped user stories
- Drive sprint planning and sprint refining
- Ongoing engineering support and point of contact
- Proactive internal/external communication
- Measure and report on success
What you will bring
- Well organised and adaptable work ethic
- Proven ability to successfully manage the life cycle of evolving software solutions
- Management of multi-faceted projects and/or a product ownership role
- Experience working with an Agile development process
- Wizardry in and configuring JIRA workflows
- Strong attention to detail with relentless follow up
Your mission is to help engineering and our product platform continuously improve, optimising where we spend our time, so that we ship tip top quality product that customers love at high velocity. Check out this video from Chelsea if you want to see more!
It's pretty exhilarating up here in the cloud! But would be even better if you joined the flock!