Senior Data Scientist
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to lead our small but growing Data & Insights team. Our Insights team works closely with all areas of the business, so the work you’ll do will be varied. One day you may be helping the product team further understand our customer journey, another you may be creating models to predict user behaviour or creating robust data pipelines. You’ll have to be a great communicator as not only will you uncover insights within the data, you’ll present them back to senior stakeholders within the business in a clear and concise manner.
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer and working closely with the Marketing, Products and Development teams, you would be involved in some of the following activities:
- Collaborating with internal teams and stakeholders to understand their problems and perform requirements analysis to create fit-for-purpose solutions to guide Serato’s strategic direction
- Analysing data from different data sources to answer business questions.
- Creating and maintaining predictive machine learning models.
- Monitoring and maintenance of insights and model production pipelines
- Create dashboards for data visualization to be consumed by different stakeholders
- Presenting your findings back to internal teams and stakeholders in a simple and easy to understand manner.
The ideal candidate would have:
- A tertiary qualification in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science or similar.
- Advanced SQL experience, preferably with BigQuery experience.
- Experience with Python building and maintaining data pipelines, as well as developing and deploying machine learning models.
Nice-to-have skills, experience and qualities that we would be interested to see :
- cloud technologies (such as Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services) and Google Analytics.
- Experience with ML techniques
- Experience with data visualization tools (preferably Google Data Studio or Superset)
- Experience in data analysis and statistical modelling
- Great communicator (oral and written)
- Works equally well in teams and independently
- A passion for music
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (this means having NZ citizenship, permanent residency or a current work permit) and be willing to relocate to Auckland.