Ethical living made easy
Our mission is to combine real-time financial and sustainability data with the best behavioural science, in order to empower hundreds of millions of people and businesses to shape a more sustainable and ethical world.
Let’s go change the world - let’s CoGo!
- Visit website
- Funding stage
The Matchstiq Top 50
Matchstiq's take on CoGo
CoGo is on a mission to empower millions of consumers globally to understand their personal carbon footprint and to take action on their emissions by voting with their wallet.
The Market Opportunity Ahead for CoGo
Global issues such as climate change, plastic waste and inequality are driving people to ask the question - what can I do?
With a growing population of people around the world wanting to know their impact and how they can improve it, CoGo's app and API is one of the leading global solutions to support this. In 2021, CoGo will sign partnerships with some of the biggest banks in the UK and Australia, with the goal of ending the year as the #1 sustainability API in the world.
Diversity and Inclusion at CoGo
CoGo focuses on diversity and inclusion at the very beginning of the hiring process.
- Job descriptions are written using non gender coded language and the amount of critical competencies listed is reduced so as not to discourage certain demographics from applying.
- When hiring, a variety of organisations that represent minority groups in both the UK and NZ are engaged with, including People of Colour in Tech (UK), Tech She Can Charter (UK), Maori Pacific Jobs (NZ), TechWomen NZ, and Tech Talent Charter (UK).
- CoGo is proud to have a negative gender pay gap and promote a 'flexibility first' approach with all staff members.
- Diversity and inclusion are also key words in their stated company values; diverse ideas, diverse backgrounds and diverse thinking are all welcomed at CoGo.
- The team at CoGo are constantly thinking of policies or initiatives that support an environment where diversity not only survives, but thrives.
In five years Elon Musk will still be making his electric cars, Patagonia will only sell clothes from reused products, and who knows… Amazon may pay their workers a living wage! But the #1 thing that gives people hope for the future will be CoGo - and it won’t be our app, it will be the sense of empowerment that they feel.
Working with us
By promoting change and taking the lead we can help show the way forward. We want to be known for our bold steps, experimenting with new ways of doing things, and shunning the status quo if it’s not going to get us any closer to where we need to be
Diverse ideas add immeasurable value, lead to better decisions, and encourage the widest possible impact on the planet and people. We invite and encourage people from an array of backgrounds and experiences to join us on our journey
To change the world we can’t be afraid to try. If our attempts don’t land, we share our learnings so the experience can drive us forward to make better decisions in the future
CoGo is the same organisation inside and out. We do what we say we’ll do and we expect the same from our people and partners. Transparency is baked into our DNA as we are open and share information by default
Engineering & Product
Sarah Cunliffe, Product Manager at CoGo
Dreams of staring on Coronation Street, to studying Biology and eventually working for the UK...
Renee Olsen, NZ Office and HR Manager at CoGo
Teaching english and enjoying the wonderful life Italy can offer came to abrupt halt due to COVID...
Engineering & Product
Verena Wimmer, Head of Insights at CoGo
From dreaming of becoming a farmer to a fascinating role turning numbers into colourful charts...
Engineering & Product
Lora Vardarova, Software Engineer at CoGo
A dream of playing basketball professionally did not quite materialise, however a winding path led...
Engineering & Product
Tegan Wilson, Product Manager at CoGo
Never say never! After vehemently claiming she would never work in finance or computers, Tegan...
Hiring: People Development Manager (Wellington)
The team at CoGo are looking for a People Development Manager to join their Technical and People...
CoGo is a free app and real-time API that helps people understand, reduce and offset their carbon footprints. Powered by Open-Banking technology, the CoGo App is integrated with 35 banks in the UK and 5 banks in NZ, with over 100,000 users in those markets.
The CoGo API enables banks and other corporations to integrate carbon and other sustainability data into their customer experiences - for example providing a bank customer a monthly carbon footprint statement or showing an online supermarket shopper the percentage of their products that are made by locally-owned businesses.
We have partnered with some of the biggest banks in the UK and NZ, and are set to launch with bank partners in Australia later this year. Our mission is to empower 100s of millions of people to use their money to shape a future they truly value, and in doing so solve issues like climate change, plastic waste and social inequalities. Let’s go change the world - let’s CoGo!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a Devops Engineer to join our growing engineering team that’s based in Wellington, New Zealand. Over the next year we expect to grow our user base to over 100,000 users, as well as build integrations with some major banking partners. The Devops Engineer is a newly created role that will enable our software engineering teams to deliver software to our users safely, quickly, and reliably. You’ll work closely with the software engineering team to build, manage and automate our AWS infrastructure, deployments, and any other tooling we need.
We’re growing fast and want to make a really big difference in the world, so we rely on our people being flexible and taking on new tasks as the team’s needs change over time. We’d like to work with an adaptable and creative engineer who can quickly integrate with our team, deliver high quality tooling and help scale our systems. As part of a small team, you’ll have a large impact on the technical direction of the infrastructure, and play a big part in supporting the future growth of CoGo.
The day to day responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively with the delivery team to design, build, and maintain build infrastructure, monitoring, and deployment tooling to meet our requirements
- Designing cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available on AWS
- Provision, configure and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure defined as code
- Administering and troubleshooting Linux based systems as required
- Troubleshooting problems across a wide array of services and functional areas
- Several years of experience building and maintaining cloud infrastructure using code
- Solid understanding of cloud security
- Solid foundation of networking and system administration
- Ability to learn and use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Strong bias toward team building and continuous improvement
CoGo’s backend infrastructure is currently built using the following technologies:
- Amazon Web Services (CloudFront, EC2, ECS S3, RDS, CloudFormation, Lambda)
- Postgres flavoured SQL, including views and stored procedures
Direct experience with some or all of the above is a plus, but above all we’d expect you to be adaptable to working with new technologies and ideas, while having a solid base of experience to draw on.
- Excited to work in a company making a positive change in the world, and passionately engaged in the CoGo mission
- Loves learning and seeks to suggest and carry out improvements to the technologies and processes used as we grow
- Based in New Zealand and able to visit our Wellington office roughly once per quarter (Although you can join us in the office all the time if you like!)
- Able to work some hours outside of 9am-5pm, for meetings with our UK team
CoGo is committed to providing a flexible working environment, including arrangements to fit around childcare and family life such as flexible working hours and remote working.
CoGo is an active member of the Tech Talent Charter, and is committed to helping deliver diversity in the technology sector.
The salary range for this role is $100,000 - $120,000. CoGo operates full pay transparency across the company and is committed to equal pay opportunities.
We are proud to encourage a friendly, open and transparent culture at CoGo and we make sure our amazing team is supported at all times. Here are some of our ever growing employee benefits:
- 25 days leave plus public holidays,
- Unlimited sick leave for your physical and mental health, and that of your family
- An extra day off on your birthday
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity or cause
- Extra holiday when you avoid flying
- 1 additional day’s leave per year of employment
- Annual learning budget to spend on personal development
OUR APPLICATION PROCESS
PLEASE NOTE: To apply you must be currently entitled to work in New Zealand. Those who are eligible to work in NZ are NZ or Australian citizens, or have either a NZ residence visa or a NZ work visa.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Thursday 1st of July 2021 with a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to join the team at CoGo.
- We’ll aim to reply to your application within 14 days of receiving it, including to let you know if we won’t be proceeding
- We may then schedule a short call to clarify anything in your application, and make sure that our expectations are in line on both sides
- We’ll then schedule a 1 hour interview with you
- If that all goes well we’ll schedule some time to discuss some code that we’ve asked you to write
- We’ll let you know the outcome within 7 days of the process completing
If you have a deadline when you would need an offer by, please let us know and we will try to accommodate this.
We accept applications from direct applicants only, no recruiters or agencies please